6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Pentatonic Rock Collaboration (intermediate), 6 Soloist needed!
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 28 2007, 01:59 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 28 2007, 07:04 AM) *
Don't you hate what beer does to you... heh laugh.gif

No unsure.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 28 2007, 01:59 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 28 2007, 02:07 PM
GMC:er
Im in if i have some time... how long till it's "due"?

EDIT: woops i got 2 finals next week and can't get in done by next weekend!! boo.....good track tho!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Layzer: Jul 28 2007, 02:08 PM

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 28 2007, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 28 2007, 09:07 AM) *
Im in if i have some time... how long till it's "due"?

EDIT: woops i got 2 finals next week and can't get in done by next weekend!! boo.....good track tho!

No probs - I am suggesting that everyone takes several days to put something high quality together - absolutely no rush since I won;t be able to mix it until next weekend, so you are in!!

That makes 4, 2 slots left, we are still in danger of MickeM playing 32 bars unsure.gif

C'mon everyone, what have you got to lose???

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jul 28 2007, 08:44 PM
Ok I'm in, as long as I'll manage to find the time.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 28 2007, 08:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
Andrew, call me dim ( please ) but im not exactly sure how this works! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 28 2007, 10:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 28 2007, 09:53 PM) *
Andrew, call me dim ( please ) but im not exactly sure how this works! laugh.gif

No problem, Dim. smile.gif

You download the backingtrack from Andrews first post.

Then you add the mp3 to the sequencer of your choise. After that you record your solo part over 16 bars.
Listen through the entire song first and you'll know where to start your solo.

After you recorded your solo you mute the backingtrack and export your solo to a mp3 file. Post it here and Andrew will if his time allows mix all the mp3's with the original backingtrack and post the final song for us.

You're in, right? biggrin.gif

You need to be able to record your playing to your computer and make it an mp3.

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 28 2007, 02:59 PM) *
No unsure.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

Me neither laugh.gif

It actually struck me in the car this morning wether I said 16 or 32 and crossed my fingers I said 32, but usual luck. laugh.gif Wierd thing to think of all of a sudden.
I'm just glad I'm no samurai since a mistake like mine would call for harakiri.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 28 2007, 11:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
Sounds good biggrin.gif if i had recording software id do it myself laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 29 2007, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 28 2007, 03:53 PM) *

Matt, You're dim laugh.gif But MickeM explained it pretty well!

Are you in???

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 29 2007, 03:26 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 29 2007, 03:41 AM
ill do it if no one else wants to laugh.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 08:49 AM
Lets go fishing!
Id love to have a go but i really have no clue how to use a sequencer ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 29 2007, 09:12 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 29 2007, 05:49 PM) *

i don't even know what one is laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 29 2007, 09:47 AM
Whoops! sorry Andrew... you misunderstood, i can't partake! sorry!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 29 2007, 10:33 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 29 2007, 09:49 AM) *

Download Reaper, it's free. It's URL is in the recording sticky.

You have to have a soundcard where you can connect a mike or your guitar.

QUOTE (JOhn @ Jul 29 2007, 10:12 AM) *
i don't even know what one is laugh.gif

It's a software program or a hardwar thingy where you can record/edit music.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 29 2007, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 29 2007, 07:33 PM) *
Download Reaper, it's free. It's URL is in the recording sticky.

You have to have a soundcard where you can connect a mike or your guitar.
It's a software program or a hardwar thingy where you can record/edit music.

so i can connect a cheap mic to my computer and just play right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jul 29 2007, 11:52 AM
is it any spaces left for me?

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 29 2007, 12:01 PM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Jul 29 2007, 12:48 PM) *
so i can connect a cheap mic to my computer and just play right?

That would be possible. Put the mike close to the amp aimed to the cone, center or sideways aiming for center or side of cone.
If you just put it war away you'll end up with a bad youtube kind of recording.

You would have to have ASIO drivers for recording. They provide low latency. Blindwilly linked to ASIO drivers in a previous post a week ago or so. Look for it.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 29 2007, 01:23 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 29 2007, 07:01 AM) *
That would be possible. Put the mike close to the amp aimed to the cone, center or sideways aiming for center or side of cone.
If you just put it war away you'll end up with a bad youtube kind of recording.

You would have to have ASIO drivers for recording. They provide low latency. Blindwilly linked to ASIO drivers in a previous post a week ago or so. Look for it.

If you do it this way, you need to make sure that you do not record the backing track as welll - it has to be JUST the guitar otherwise mixing will be very hard. This is possible if you have a sepoarate AMP and a microphone, and use headphones to listen to the backing track as you play.

According to my calculations we now have the following people:

MickeM
jeff
Ezra

Possibles:

Matt
John
AudunESP

So if all the possibles sign up we are full!

But, PLEASE make sure you have the right equipment to record before you sign up - if you didn't understand MickeM's recording explanation, you probably don't qualify ... but, its worth taking the time to download Reaper and play with it, that way, next time you will be ready!

Ok, a couple of rules that I need you all to understand.

1. You must record exactly 16 bars. To do this you need to use software that understands bars and timeing - like Cubase, Logic Repaer etc. When you import the backing track, you tell the software the tempo and it then displays the bar lines so you know where you are. After you record, I need you to cut your recording to an exact number of bars - this makes it possible to import the recording and get the timing to l;ine up with the backing track., If you don;t get this exact I have to guess and that can be hard, so please please make sure you do this.

2. 16 bars only! Your solo must be done by the first note of the 17th bar or I will cut it short - its not fair to the guy after you if you have some monster feedback note fading off into oblivion all through the start of his finely crafted solo.

Ok, one agaion, whos up for it???

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 02:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
OK im in. Just one thing, how do i know which 16 bars of the backing track am i playing for?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 29 2007, 02:25 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 29 2007, 09:04 AM) *
OK im in. Just one thing, how do i know which 16 bars of the backing track am i playing for?

Cool !

Pick any 16 that coincide with once through the progression - there are 6 slots available discounting the Sax sols. I'll take the various solos and arrange them in some sort of order through the song.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jul 29 2007, 08:33 PM
OK! im in!

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:26 PM