Shocking Electric-al Guitar!
Azzaboi
Aug 19 2010, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
Help, my long hours of guitar playing has some electrifying results!

When I got new pickups for my Les Paul Gibson, there was a faint humming when idle with the amp at loud volume. I just thought it was a minor buzz from the new pickups and nothing to worry about. When playing the guitar it's fine, I lightly rest my hand on the strings when playing mostly (even if not palm muting it stops buzzing) - just a very light touch on any of the string and it went away...

Today, I noticed it almost zapped me with a small current, minor but still...
I found out you can touch any piece of metal, the string, bridge, even a light touch on the end of one of the string tuners. It makes a little clicking sound if you tap on it, a light touch and no more buzz, zero, na-daa. The Gibson has always been very little or no buzz in the past.

Is my guitar not GROUNDED anymore?!?!!!
(it seems to be using my body to ground itself now)

I've tried different power points, removing all devices except the AMP and Guitar directly into it.
It seems to be the guitar creating a faint hum until I touch anything metal in it.

Ekk is that bad? Is it easy to fix if that's the case, should I take it back to the guy that did the new picksup? Maybe a wires loose?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 19 2010, 11:07 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:56 PM