9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
The Soulful Ballad Collab, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Sensible Jones
Oct 9 2014, 09:01 PM
GMC:er
Am I OK to post my files tomorrow please?
I have Audio done, just need to make video in Vegas (I've not used it yet so I need to figure it all out!!!)
biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2014, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Hey Rhida! Thank you for the files! I can hear a lot of nice and melodic phrases and the articulation elements are more polished than before. it is an honor to be called family and I am glad that i can help and that I can see your progress every day!

Keep this rhythm up and it can only be well smile.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 9 2014, 08:01 PM) *
I have Audio done, just need to make video in Vegas (I've not used it yet so I need to figure it all out!!!)
biggrin.gif

Hey Neil, of course smile.gif

Should we extend the deadline until Monday - October 13th? smile.gif I do believe that there's a lot of folks who would like this idea smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2014, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Oct 9 2014, 03:48 PM) *
Hi my friends

It's been a great month working on this collab and I have been enjoying your takes a lot.
I tried my best and gave it all to this one.
I have still a LOT of work to do (it's a lifetime experience!) but you are all very inspiring people.
And Gabriel and Cosmin you're like family now, actually I have more contacts with you than some members of my own family laugh.gif !
Can't wait to hear the mix. It will be awesome for sure!

hahaha so thanks brother for taking this seriously and working hard to give the best for this collab. You have a great attitude and energy so I'm sure that your playing will become better and better in the nexts weeks and months, keep on rocking!!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 9 2014, 04:33 AM) *
I"ve spent some time coming up with a patch from scratch to work with this solo and I think I finally have something! It's taken a couple of weeks but by combining two signal paths for the first time in TH2, one semi clean, one accoustic simulated and blending them, I've created a layered sound with attack and sustain with low tube sounding gain. I gotta say it was really a lot of work. Anyone using TH2 give it a whirl smile.gif

*P.S. Using the split single neck pickup.

[attachment=39187:TH2Soulf...atch.xml.zip]
Here is a sound demo from my lead in progress smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/overloud-th2-free-semiclean-lead-patch-demo
[attachment=39186:cleanleadpatch.jpg]

Using the RGT42 for this and the Neck Thru Body is giving it killer sustain. I'm gonna miss this guitar but I've already got my eye out for the next one so she's soon to be on the block!!
[attachment=39188:RGT42.JPG]

Awesome take Todd!! I enjoyed a lot your melodic phrasing, you are a very tasty player when you go for the melodic side! And that fast passage in the middle, wou!! It's a fantastic take, and the tone fits great with the backing. Thanks for joining friend!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 9 2014, 11:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2014, 01:14 PM) *
Should we extend the deadline until Monday - October 13th? smile.gif I do believe that there's a lot of folks who would like this idea smile.gif

That would be awesome. I came up with the last half of my solo idea and rehearsed it last night, but didn't have time to record it, let alone come up with a video for it! haha. I'm juggling band duties with this collab, and as such, I have 3 others depending on my being practiced for our sets which takes a precedence - but I have the weekend available !

Chris!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 9 2014, 12:33 AM) *
I"ve spent some time coming up with a patch from scratch to work with this solo and I think I finally have something! It's taken a couple of weeks but by combining two signal paths for the first time in TH2, one semi clean, one accoustic simulated and blending them, I've created a layered sound with attack and sustain with low tube sounding gain. I gotta say it was really a lot of work. Anyone using TH2 give it a whirl smile.gif

*P.S. Using the split single neck pickup.

[attachment=39187:TH2Soulf...atch.xml.zip]
Here is a sound demo from my lead in progress smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/overloud-th2-free-semiclean-lead-patch-demo
[attachment=39186:cleanleadpatch.jpg]

Using the RGT42 for this and the Neck Thru Body is giving it killer sustain. I'm gonna miss this guitar but I've already got my eye out for the next one so she's soon to be on the block!!
[attachment=39188:RGT42.JPG]

smile.gif nice take Todd!
I spent a good deal of time dialing in a tone on my Peavy Amp - I'm mic'ing it - had to reposition mic about 5 times, dink with the knobs 20 times+ - what you hear live is a lot different than what you hear coming straight out of the speaker (via mic), so had to adjust. One of the upsides of using plugin's ! I'm old school... haha.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 1 2014, 05:26 AM) *
^aand yet a killer take. Well done Monica I love your touch sensitive tone and how your picking hand makes use of it!

I found this backing challenging, although very cool sounding. It somehow seemed harmonically static to me, although the chords obviously are there. I guess I must have been listening to too much heavy metal?!

Anyway here is my vocal attempt at the chorus/ending: [attachment=39057:tasty_kris3.mp3]

Kris ~ you have a great voice ~ well done biggrin.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2014, 12:27 AM
Per COSMIN I updated the TH2 patch to make it BIGGER and a pinch more articulate smile.gif Let me know if you like this one better!!!

NEW ONE!!!
Attached File  SoulfulBalladTH2Final.xml.zip ( 2.91K ) Number of downloads: 77
(new download)
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/updated-patch-ballad-overloud-th2-test

OLD ONE!!

Good idea!! MONDAY The 13th sounds much better!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2014, 04:14 PM) *
Hey Rhida! Thank you for the files! I can hear a lot

Thanks!!! wink.gif Stretching in to an area of melody and medium gain is more rare for me but very fun and good challenge.
It's good to push one's boundaries!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 9 2014, 05:26 PM) *
Awesome take Todd!! I enjoyed a lot your melodic phrasing, you are a very tasty player when you go for the melodic side! And that fast passage in the middle, wou!! It's a fantastic take, and the tone fits great with the backing. Thanks for joining friend!!

Thanks!! smile.gif Sure thing smile.gif I have been tweaking the patch a bit to try and make it bigger, I've got three versions of that patch so far, but I'm going for number4!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 9 2014, 02:44 PM) *
Hey Todd! I like this take a lot! It's very different from your usual playing and it shows a very sensitive side wink.gif I would make the tone sound a bit larger, as that little delay, makes it sound too much like a box. I don't know how to put it into words, but, I think you understand what I mean smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 10 2014, 01:06 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2014, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Todd - I like much more like this biggrin.gif And I would certainly say that you need to experience with this tone and direction in your playing, because it sounds very nice!

Jams and everyone else - yes, we can go for the extended deadline, so go ahead and use the following 3 days as best as possible to be able to send me the files on Monday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Oct 10 2014, 09:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
If you need any help with Vegas, please let me know. I'm a pro when it comes to editing in Vegas

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 9 2014, 10:01 PM) *
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Oct 10 2014, 09:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!! I think you are right smile.gif It does sound better a bit "bigger" and less "in the box" as it gives more "articulate" sounding playing and emphasises the picking!! I'm sharing the patch so anyone can try it! smile.gif

Pushing my playing here to a new area in line with Al Dimeola "ISH" influence which I had yet to incorporate. Always good t push the boundaries of one's playing style!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 10 2014, 02:46 AM) *
Todd - I like much more like this biggrin.gif And I would certainly say that you need to experience with this tone and direction in your playing, because it sounds very nice!

Jams and everyone else - yes, we can go for the extended deadline, so go ahead and use the following 3 days as best as possible to be able to send me the files on Monday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 10 2014, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Oct 10 2014, 09:28 AM) *
If you need any help with Vegas, please let me know. I'm a pro when it comes to editing in Vegas

Thanks for the offer Jeroen!! I'll PM you if I get stuck!!!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2014, 02:12 AM
SOLO PREVIEW!!! ( You've heard the first part, but,listen for the Al Dimeola Solo Crazy section in Part II)

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterclassnet-soulful-ballad-collab-project-solo

SOLO ONLY STARTING AT ZERO WITH SILENCE OVER "VERSE/CHORUS" CLIP
Attached File  Verse_Chorus_Solo_Only.wav ( 12.25MB ) Number of downloads: 64

SOLO WITH BACKING OVER "VERSE/CHORUS" CLIP
Attached File  Verse_Chorus_Solo_WITHBACKING.wav ( 12.25MB ) Number of downloads: 80

DOWNLOAD LINK TO VIDEO FILE ON DROPBOX
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2761041...e%20Preview.mov

*Dedicating this solo to my Dad who is back in the Hospital yet again tonight, spending the night for observation due to his heart. Hopes/prayers/positive thoughts appreciated!

Youtube Preview (M.C. Escher Version)

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 14 2014, 05:39 AM

+Quote Post
Deleted
Oct 11 2014, 01:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Killer take Todd !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2014, 04:55 PM
Instructor
Your extended solo is fantastic Todd. I keep on thinking that your melodic side combined with the shred stuff are fantastic. Keep on experimenting with this combination! smile.gif

I hope your father gets better soon. Cheers mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks man!! smile.gif Really trying to push the phrasing and melody and balance some shreddy bits while keeping the gain low and articulate and so far it's working! smile.gif

Thanks for the thoughts on my Dad. He's still at the Hospital today so we are hoping for the best!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 11 2014, 11:55 AM) *
Your extended solo is fantastic Todd. I keep on thinking that your melodic side combined with the shred stuff are fantastic. Keep on experimenting with this combination! smile.gif

I hope your father gets better soon. Cheers mate.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 11 2014, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 12 2014, 09:29 AM
Instructor
Todd, this is really great, man! It's sad how one always has to relate to difficult moments in life to come up with amazing songs sad.gif

Thank you for the files and guys, remember that tomorrow is the last day in which you can submit the files for the collab! smile.gif Let's go!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2014, 04:15 AM
Agreed. smile.gif As I was writing my take, just thinking about losing my father to his heart condition started distracting me and I realized I should just let it happen and play guitar through it. Sure enough, it comes out sounding sad but hopeful which is exactly what I was feeling at the time. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 12 2014, 04:29 AM) *
Todd, this is really great, man! It's sad how one always has to relate to difficult moments in life to come up with amazing songs sad.gif

Thank you for the files and guys, remember that tomorrow is the last day in which you can submit the files for the collab! smile.gif Let's go!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 13 2014, 09:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 12 2014, 01:29 AM) *

I created the video for you and will send you a link to the video in my drop box. No video is complete without a bunny rabbit, so I threw one in there for kicks.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 13 2014, 10:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2014, 03:15 AM) *
Agreed. smile.gif As I was writing my take, just thinking about losing my father to his heart condition started distracting me and I realized I should just let it happen and play guitar through it. Sure enough, it comes out sounding sad but hopeful which is exactly what I was feeling at the time. smile.gif

Hope that everything will turn out well, Todd! My thoughts are with you, mate smile.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Oct 13 2014, 08:24 AM) *
I created the video for you and will send you a link to the video in my drop box. No video is complete without a bunny rabbit, so I threw one in there for kicks.

Hehe, thank you for the video Chris! I received and downloaded the file I just found in my Inbox wink.gif

Gents, remember, this is the last day you can submit your files, so please send them to me in due time! Thank you very much!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 13 2014, 04:21 PM
Here's mine:-
Intro:-

https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/soulful-collab-intro
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/soulful-collab-intro-nbt

Verse:-

https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/soulful-collab-verse
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/soulful-collab-verse-nbt
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Oct 13 2014, 04:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2014, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Oct 13 2014, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 13 2014, 12:21 PM) *

Thanks for the amazing videos and takes friends!! This collab will be epic. I'll also enjoy a lot working on the edition and mix of this one. There are lots of killer takes! Thanks everybody!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Howdy Neil! Thank you for the takes mate! Please make sure that the Soundcloud tracks are set on downloadable biggrin.gif I can't download them from there right now..

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:25 PM