Hi
timbo81
Jul 10 2007, 11:46 AM
GMC:er
Hey there

My names Tim, I'm 26 and live in australia. I've only been playing the guitar for 2 weeks. I've wanted to play the guitar for many years now but have kept putting it off because I thought it was gonna be really hard and I should have picked it up at 16 instead of 10 years later.

I actually started about 2 months ago but gave up for 3 weeks and was ready to smash my guitar until I found this site. I found my guitar instructor to be pretty bad, all he did was give me a few chords to learn each week. No finger exercises, nothing about scales, no mention of a metronome etc., so you can imagine when all you got to learn each week is 2 chords you find it hard to practice more than 30 mins a day. I found I wasn't progressing at all.

I guess kris seemed pretty genuine in his videos and honest about not having natural talent and having to work hard to play well. And that he'd had a poor instructor for many years. Been practicing alot though like 4 hours a day heh, gotta make up for lost time. I find I can though cause I practice fingertapping for a bit then go practice some finger picking then some barre chords etc. I didn't think i'd be learning tapping for years, but I see the advantage of this site by learning more advanced techniques even as a beginner.

But anyway I'm interested in learning every style from flamenco to metal

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by timbo81: Jul 10 2007, 11:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- timbo81   Hi   Jul 10 2007, 11:46 AM
- - lavendell   Welcome Tim! You've definitely come to t...   Jul 10 2007, 11:51 AM
- - Hemlok   Welcome Tim, Yep you have sure hit the jackpot. Th...   Jul 10 2007, 12:01 PM
- - Pavel   Hey welcome m8! More Australians here, cool...   Jul 10 2007, 12:03 PM
- - Owen   Guitars a hobby definitely worth sticking at, you...   Jul 10 2007, 12:09 PM
- - Andrew Cockburn   Welcome - let us know if you have any questions   Jul 10 2007, 02:08 PM
- - Rockwouldbe   welcome to the family Tim   Jul 10 2007, 02:11 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:41 AM