Problem W/ Dead Notes, =xxxxxxxx=
GTK
Apr 5 2007, 11:25 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,
I'm posting this topic in order to get some help concerning dead notes.

I hear dead notes in almost every song I listen to, so I approximately know what it should sound like but I can never get the correct sound.
So what I would like to do is to 'gather' some of your personnal methods (the way you create a dead note), in order to improve or litterally change my dead note technique.

And before I forget, here's how I do: I just push slightly the strings without making em touch the fretboard, then I strum (I always get a crappy sound laugh.gif )

Many thanks

-Kerem

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 5 2007, 12:17 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I use a technique i learned from the great and almighty dave mustaine. when you press lightly on the strings, try palm muting as you strum them as well, it dampens the sound further and makes it "Thicker".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
GTK
Apr 5 2007, 12:23 PM
GMC:er
Thanks I will try this immediatly

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:37 AM