Composition
Matt23
Mar 11 2009, 10:08 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hey Ramiro, since you have studied composition and seem to know a lot about theory and contempary composers, do you think you could do a composing lesson in the style of some modern composers? What I'd really like is a composing lesson in the style of Steve Reich's "City Life". I know composition is a very hard thing to teach, but it would be really cool if you ever did a lesson on this. smile.gif

Cheers

Matt smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 13 2009, 12:36 AM
Instructor
I like your request Matt. I've planning a lesson about Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint that as you might know is a composition for guitar and bass guitar. But I also have a surprice for that lesson and that's why is taking me a little longer. Stay tunned hopefully you'll see the lesson pretty soon.
And if you are still insterested in some Steve Reich lessons we can talk about making another.
Please let me know if you have other lesson request about other composers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Matt23
Mar 13 2009, 06:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks Ramiro. smile.gif I can't wait for the Electric Counterpoint lesson. Any clues to what the "surprise" is?

I guess what I really want is a lesson on doing orchestral composing, or any kind of composing that isn't just rock/metal. City Life is just my favourite piece that's orchestral, (is orchestral the right word here or is the band to small to be called an orchestra in City Life)?

Atm theres no other composers i'm very interested in, but if you could suggest some composers similar to Steve Reich, or that you think I might like that'd be great, as I'm quite new to this sort of music.

Cheers

Matt smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:56 AM