4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Worst Band?
g-forcelover
Jan 20 2008, 04:18 AM
GMC:er
my vote: my band. sad.gif blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 20 2008, 05:12 AM
I have respect for anyone who is brave enough to get up and make some noise and open themselves up to the world's judgement - including threads like this.

I like this - you like that - why not focus on what you like and ignore without dissing it that which you do not???

Someone who likes trickier music is not better than someone who likes easily accessible songs such as those by Greenday or the like.

The fact that they think they are speaks volumes about them and says nothing about the music or the music fans that they look down upon. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 20 2008, 05:13 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Jan 19 2008, 08:12 PM) *
I have respect for anyone who is brave enough to get up and make some noise and open themselves up to the world's judgement - including threads like this.

I like this - you like that - why not focus on what you like and ignore without dissing it that which you do not???

+1
Completely Agree

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 20 2008, 05:20 AM
Waking the Cadaver .... smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Roko
Jan 20 2008, 05:58 AM
hey, well this is just a response to everybodys comments... well i got the answer i expected... green day, sum 41, avenged sevenfold, and blink 182 seem to have won...

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 20 2008, 06:08 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Waking the Cadaver .... smile.gif

I totally forgot about them, I'd go insane if the lived next door.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jan 20 2008, 06:52 AM
Well im bored and i can think of several so here goes.

Blink 182=(Or anything involving Tom Delonge playing guitar smile.gif
Bush
Audioslave
Linkin Park
Godsmack
Silverchair= cant believe there first album (frogstomp) was great and now there playing this fairy music.
Coheed and cambria= or whatever there called
Korn= another band that really went downhill

There's so many bad bands today i dont have enough space to fill in.I do atleast respect that they make there own stuff and actually use instruments but honestly these are some very boring bands for me. sad.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 19 2008, 10:03 AM) *
Well the worst band (if such thing exists) can't be the famous (or known by people) one because they are famous (or known) for a reason..Than that band title must go to one demo band that never made it to the obvious reason wink.gif

I have to disagree .I cant say being famous means your good .Because for one money talks and with it you can get anywhere in life including MTV and the radio.Actually some of the best bands are probably some of the ones we will never here because of lack of money and no connections with people in the buisness or lack of (image) of what someone thinks you should look like.

Definatly see your point being if they made it all the way thats talent but just feel it goes so much beyond that. wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 20 2008, 06:57 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 19 2008, 07:03 AM) *
Well the worst band (if such thing exists) can't be the famous (or known by people) one because they are famous (or known) for a reason..Than that band title must go to one demo band that never made it to the obvious reason wink.gif

I too have to disagree, you look at Paris Hilton she as famous as it gets, but I bet you can't think of one substantial skill she has. Its all the same, bands can be garbage and still be famous.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
TortillaShred
Jan 20 2008, 07:15 AM
Well guys, believe it or not... I read THE WHOLE THREAD laugh.gif and as a very VERY open-minded musician I shall say you guys are not** taking into consideration that a band is MUCH MORE than just music rolleyes.gif .

I believe Tom DeLonge still makes a great effort to play F full chord, but guys... Have you seen the way he and Blink 182 made the audience part of their shows? A band that doesn't know how to entertain people won't ever will be able to transcend. They did and holy ****... Hated or loved we all know Blink will go to history.

So my opinion here is that the question should be more specific... Are we talking music-wise? Or are we talking of a band AS A WHOLE? Because Dream Theater and Racer X can give a lot of people the best moments of their lives through their music, but I really don't see LaBrie getting involved with his audience wink.gif

Matter of tastes - musically speaking cool.gif

EDIT **

This post has been edited by TortillaShred: Jan 20 2008, 07:16 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Epiphone Sg Special (with EMG 81/85 set and custom pickguard)

Zoom 606 II multieffect pedal
Boss Gt-8 multieffect pedal

Vox Ad50vt amplifier

Washburn D100 acoustic guitar
Squier acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 20 2008, 07:30 AM
I'd definetly have to put Fall Out Boy among my worst bands...and probably at the top.
Pete Wentz annoys me like none other, but whatever...
Blink definetly in my TOP favourite bands, cause they are so AWESOME biggrin.gif song-writing and performing, etc...

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Jan 20 2008, 07:35 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Jan 20 2008, 07:34 AM
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
QUOTE (xucphra @ Jan 19 2008, 10:43 PM) *
Jeez. Avenged is really hated by you GMCers.

SOMEONE WHO AGREES!!!!

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2008, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jan 20 2008, 02:52 AM) *
Silverchair= cant believe there first album (frogstomp) was great and now there playing this fairy music.

That's true.. Frogstomp was a very good album! I like all the songs. .. but I don't like the following albums.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 20 2008, 07:57 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jan 20 2008, 06:57 AM) *
I too have to disagree, you look at Paris Hilton she as famous as it gets, but I bet you can't think of one substantial skill she has. Its all the same, bands can be garbage and still be famous.

Don´t you know there are some serious musicians behind her smile.gif

Sure they trying make hits and perhaps not music they would like the most. (that´s just an assumtion)
But they are very skilled. Pro musicians of Muris caliber hired by a record company. And a couple of writers too. And then they make songs that are not that superhard to sing but it´s fairly catchy.
As far as she goes, I have no clue about her music skills. But the "band" is probably not garbage. But for sure she is not close to being a favourite singer of mine.

Stupid spoiled ***** video playset biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif blink.gif
SP rules.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 24 2008, 01:50 AM
All this Sum 41 bashing! They're great fun. Not an amazing band, but fun nonetheless.

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The Fallen was a really good album. Now however, they are absolute trash. Everything else they have done has been awful.

Bands I hate the most: Trivium. I mean Ascendancy was an alright attempt. But then what the hell happened? They became Metallica (who were the most average thrash band when they were thrash, and now are just downright boring).

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 24 2008, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 19 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Wow I can't believe they raped a Dick Dale song. We can't download tabs because of copyright issues, but crappy artists like Black Eyed Peas can sample songs, WTF is up with that?

Makes no sense, whatsoever, does it? It's all about the people with the money making more and more money.

And my vote for "worst band" goes to Nirvana.

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Gus
Jan 24 2008, 03:21 AM
Hi,

I also read all the thread, and I would just like to add that a band can't be judged by technicalities. And yes, one can number its favorites bands but no one is able to classify a band as worst or best.
One of the bands I like the most is a brazilian one, called Legião Urbana. The guitars are so damn simple that lots of people in Brazil starts learning guitar by playing their songs... blink.gif . Even the melodies being simple they were enjoyable to listen, the singer was really amazing, and the lyrics are so deep that I can't really describe to you all.

P.S. Once I went to watch a Free Jazz trio that supposedly was one of the most acknowledged ones from Europe. They were very good technically and really virtuoso ones. To me , however, they were playing each one a different song. That was my worst experience with music, but I can't really call them the worst band ever, because I don't know all the bands in the world. And even if I did that would be just my personal taste wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Jan 24 2008, 03:21 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
JakeDalton
Jan 24 2008, 06:26 AM
Lol when i was 14 or something i had this hatred for that band crazytown....crap i think i still do..

Celeb Rehab ftw!

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Jan 24 2008, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 19 2008, 04:22 AM) *
I agree with matt, music is always subjective, so you can't really name a worst band like that.

However, the band that I dislike the most is definely Manowar.

I'm gonna have to prove your point. Because I like Manowar a lot wink.gif

As for the idea of worst band, I try to stay away from that kind of description exactly because of the subjective nature of each of our choices.

I think that like everyone here, there are musical styles that I prefer and I would rather concentrate on that aspect.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 24 2008, 09:20 AM
Singing Instructor
Audioslave for my is THE BEST band ever...Tom morello is the moust original guitar palyer i evere hurd.
Greenday is very good bend...their songs (im not just toking about "American Idiot") are good....live they sound good..
i think that to write a hit song is very hurd....haw to rispect that...
sory if i am offtopic,but i do not thin that there is such a thing as a vorst band....Even if there is a band who nobody likes..their girlfriends/boyfriends think that they are the best...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Tiltil
Jan 24 2008, 12:05 PM
QUOTE (edguy @ Jan 19 2008, 02:37 PM) *
hahah milan this sounds like you meant the Bloodhound Gang:)

For me on of the worst band are Böhse Onkelz from Germany.

ooo big fight gonna go down here, they're my favourite band!

They have a portfolio of like 300 songs, and some of them were recorded when they were pretty young and couldn't actually play very much, and I'll admit that those are pretty crappy. But I suppose it's not the music you hate them for, ey? smile.gif

--------------------
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain."

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:01 PM