2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Maharzan's July Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 02:06 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
ha.. sure I will from now. I had a comment in 2 or so RECs before as well about tuning problem.. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2010, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Yeah I saw those comments but don't really agree with them wink.gif
In this last video you posted it is very obvious. I think those guys were simply not used to 4 part harmony and inversions, thats why it sounded odd or out of tune to some of them. I think overall you did fantastic with all of those chord lessons.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 02:36 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Pedja. smile.gif I need to learn how to tune a guitar.. seriously! My vocalist doesn't play guitar so much, well only basic chords, but he can really tune the guitar in like 20 secs by ear, perfect. And I call myself a guitarist. Just too bad ears, I noticed it back from when I learnt guitar but still it kinda pisses me sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2010, 02:38 PM
Instructor
I will direct you to some video on Youtube for tuning the guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 23 2010, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Chandra even tough you completed all the assignments for July I am wondering did you do some more transcribing or work on something else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 25 2010, 08:34 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I fixed the intonation on my guitar myself. smile.gif Nothing more development. I always wanted to play the tune of the new famous iPhone game that I downloaded couple of weeks ago. Its called Angry Birds. Its funny. I will see if I can transcribe that in this few days we have left for July. smile.gif Thanks for follow up Pedja.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 25 2010, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 25 2010, 09:34 AM) *
I fixed the intonation on my guitar myself. smile.gif Nothing more development. I always wanted to play the tune of the new famous iPhone game that I downloaded couple of weeks ago. Its called Angry Birds. Its funny. I will see if I can transcribe that in this few days we have left for July. smile.gif Thanks for follow up Pedja.

I haven't heard that one as I don't use IPhone biggrin.gif Lets see what you can make of it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 25 2010, 02:20 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Pedja,

Okay, I just tried it. There are few notes that I can't seem to figure out.. taking ages. The scale, I presume is in E harmonic Minor but after bar 4, a note seems to change. I don't know if we need to change the key signature here or leave it as natural note. I need to learn these things. The bar 9 is out of timing meaning a note behind (if I can say) but I just left it as it is for now.

Please correct me what I am doing wrong. I may have missed lots of rests in there. smile.gif

Included is the song I got from internet and the transcription. I would love to do this on the guitar some time once I finish all of it. Sounds really really really cool!!

Thanks,
Chandra

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Angry_Birds_Song.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 380
Attached File  angrybirds.gp5 ( 2.5K ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 25 2010, 04:20 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Pedja,

As I waited, I thought I would just proceed on it a bit more. smile.gif

Thanks for checking!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jul 25 2010, 04:21 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  angrybirds.gp5 ( 3.16K ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 26 2010, 05:23 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Alright, So I am still waiting and had to complete this piece. All is done from that audio track. I need to somehow get the full version of this song (if its not full). But here is what I have till now. smile.gif

Thanks Pedja.

Okay, looks like thats the full song.. I searched around and found the original site as well. If you are interested, here you go: http://www.aripulkkinen.com/projects/angry-birds-2009/

smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  angrybirds.gp5 ( 4.9K ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2010, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Chandra that was awesome man smile.gif I have never heard this tune but sounds fun. I checked first MP3 version of it from the site and then I listened to your version in Guitar pro. You did good with it smile.gif My suggestion is in future when you do transcriptions, besides rhythm and melody, aim to write chord progression above each bar. This chord progression was not too difficult to hear although there was some modal interchange in it. So thats really the only thing I have to add to it. On 31st I will close this thread. Until then feel free to update this transcription or simply start a new one! Next month we focus on some new material wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 26 2010, 12:54 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Pedja. smile.gif I am really bad at finding out chords. What is the secret? Can you give me some hints on how to find those?

Perhaps just need to train my ear more... it really sucks and i feel bad about it as a guitarist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2010, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 26 2010, 01:54 PM) *
Thanks Pedja. smile.gif I am really bad at finding out chords. What is the secret? Can you give me some hints on how to find those?

Perhaps just need to train my ear more... it really sucks and i feel bad about it as a guitarist.

Sure thing Chandra. Do some harmonic ear training , root inversions. Use musictheory.net website!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 26 2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Pedja. I am going to start learning this.. seriously need it. It explains why I cannot improvise or transcribe after just hearing 2-3 times..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2010, 07:11 PM
Instructor
Sure Chandra, go for it. We can close the thread now as you finished all the work plus did some extra assignments. Until 1st of August practice using musictheory.net harmonic ear training tool and your chord recognition will get better.

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:25 AM