On What Does The Quality Of A Guitar Stands?, wood? pickups? size? weight? finish?
powerpabs
Apr 27 2008, 10:34 PM
GMC:er
What do you consider a perfect guitar has?
What does it need?
consider the music genre you like to play.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 27 2008, 10:43 PM
Instructor
every things dude

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
swingline
Apr 27 2008, 10:48 PM
Just about everything matters. Tone on the other hand is essentially the wood (of both the neck and body) the pickups, the bridge, and a few other things. The finish and scale (as far as I know) have little or no effect on tone, but are for the players preference. Also check to see how many ply the body is and if it has a veneer, because both of these effect sustain as does the weight. That is what essentially determines a guitars sound.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 27 2008, 10:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
No matter the shape/model guitar the quality sits in all of that mentioned and professional craftsman ship.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 11:03 PM
In my opinion it is in the wood and the love and feeling but into the guitar by the craftsmen. That is why I love hand made guitars. The wood is imperative. You can always change pickups.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
powerpabs
Apr 27 2008, 11:15 PM
Well... what I tried somehow to say was, what would be the perfect guitar for you, what wood would you like to have, pickups, size, weight

QUOTE (powerpabs @ Apr 27 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Well... what I tried somehow to say was, what would be the perfect guitar for you, what wood would you like to have, pickups, size, weight

Imagine I am the craftman

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 27 2008, 11:35 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
One that could talk and tell me what I'm doing wrong tongue.gif

Seriously, Hav'nt played enough different models to know. At this point I'm happy with my Jacksons
but am considering an SLSMG. It's a string-thru , neck-thru model with active's. I'm getting a little
tired of just floating bridges. smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 11:38 PM
Wood: Koa
Pick Ups: DiMarzio Super Distortions or whatever they are called
Weight: <8 pounds
Shape: Light and Small

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 28 2008, 01:50 AM
light weight
humbuckerss!
V body..
THIN!
Ebony fingerboard
24 jumbo frets..

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 28 2008, 07:29 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
heavy guitar, Les Paul shape, 2 humbuckers (EMG 81 or Gibson Burstbuckers), mahogany wood, no vibrato... to cut it short, a Gibson Les Paul wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:32 AM