> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Vibrato - SRV Style 2 , Lesson By Denes Nagy
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

vpavlov
Jun 7 2016, 08:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Blues Vibrato - SRV Style 2 by Denes Nagy

Short but sweet lesson. Self assessment: left hand a little bit too stiff; not the smooth motions seen on the original. Obviously a lot more practice would be required to achieve that, but I guess this is a good start. Hope you like it. Cheers, -Val

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez RG1550 --> BIAS FX on iPad --> Ardour on avLinux
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2016, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Good job with this lesson! If you'd like to get even more from this one I would dedicate some extra time to adjust your vibrato technique. How? Comparing your left hand movement with Denes one in order to find out why your vibrato sounds "more nervous". This is related to a combination of "speed", "width" and also to the way you move your hand to do it (for example, he started the movement more from his wrist).

The idea is not to copy but I think that your vibrato can feel better and more connected with the backing and style. I've just seen your question at the mentoring program so check my answer there in a moment too.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 11 2016, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

First all it's a very good choice of lesson with a blues essentialls smile.gif My feedback won't be long because there is one critical problem to work on - vibrato. Your vibrato has a very common mistake at it's execution - you pull the string (bend a few cents up) and you vibrate the note that becaomes out of pitch. I happens veeery often - most of us had this issue at the beginner stage. It's important to always fully release the bend to a "100% flat" position. Other-wise it will sound out of tune. Vibrato is liek a series of pulses. Vibrated note is not on the "bent-mode" thorugh all it's length.

Aside from this I like how you take care of noises - your right hand works fine and the tone is descent. Keep up the good work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2016, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Val, well done on your take.

The guys (and yourself) have already mentioned your vibrato needing improvement. One thing I would like to say is that the vibrato you currently play is still ok. You can still use this kind of vibrato as well BUT it's good to be able to do it from the wrist and to be able to make it nice and wide! smile.gif

Darius gave a you a great hint as well. When performing vibrato, be careful that you don't pull the string out of pitch and keep it out of pitch before adding vibrato. My video below may help you with this:

Your tone is very nice... but one thing I want to see and hear is more physical motion from your pick attack. Watch the original. It includes big motions and pick raking. Raking is where you sweep the pick through the muted strings to get an aggressive scraping sound before you launch into the note. So be a bit more passionate with your pick attack and don't worry about being too meticulous with the phrasing. This is the blues - let the feel come out!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 17 2016, 12:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:47 PM