Pick Grip And Hand Position For Sweeping And Alt Picking
Shredly
May 18 2010, 12:57 PM
GMC:er
Ive been working heavily on ap and sweep technique for the last 6 months. Im practicing picking exercises 2-6 hours a day. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and ive gotten faster and more accurate. I have hit a roadblock and slower progress and im questioning my practice now. I find myself changing how i grip the pick and position my hand constantly. I cant find anything comfortable and really dont know what to stick with. There are so many ways to grip the pick (2 or 3 fingers, angled, various sides of the forefinger, thumb barely on, pick way down the thumb etc.) I also cant figure out what to do with my hand. I leave it anchored on the bridge but im always changing the rotation of the wrist towards and away from higher and lower strings. This is frustrating because i dont want to practice something that isnt efficient or that holds me back. Advice?

Thanks,

Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:26 PM