> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Chris S.'s Music Theory Journey, for Gab's Army
Chris S.
Jan 30 2018, 03:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab!

Before moving onto the last part of the lesson I wanted to pay my tribute/respects with a Cranberries cover. A beautiful and unique voice, gone too soon sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2018, 03:10 PM
Instructor
That's very nice mate! I still remember the impact of this song the first time I've heard it. It was a bomb.

I'm also working on something... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 3 2018, 01:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 30 2018, 02:10 PM) *
That's very nice mate! I still remember the impact of this song the first time I've heard it. It was a bomb.

I'm also working on something... biggrin.gif

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve wink.gif

As for the lesson this is where I am at with the last part:

http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/last-part

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2018, 01:03 AM
Instructor
It's finished, it will be up soon. smile.gif

I can note the timing issues on that part of the lesson, keep on working on it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 5 2018, 03:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is my second attempt, my man!

http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/full1

Also (since my time is split half on lessons and half on covers):

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 7 2018, 01:36 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2018, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris!

Escape the fate lesson is a lot better now! You are very close mate. And the cover is perfect! That's a very cool song, so I've enjoyed the whole playthrough. A small detail that I would like to mark is that the EQ of the guitas could be worked. The problem appears when you add the second rhythm guitar, it seems that this guitar or maybe the sum of both bring low end issues to the mix. If you already have the mix, check it out and experiment with possible solutions.

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 7 2018, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie
http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/last3

I agree with the mix - I'm not sure why but when I recorded the second guitar is sounded "off" - as if the guitar was slightly out of tune with the other one although this was not the case.

The EQ adjustments I did made it better than it was originally but I'll explore it further to see if I can nail the root of the problem and fix it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2018, 09:44 PM
Instructor
Good job with the lesson. You are getting closer and closer, keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 9 2018, 01:23 AM
Learning Roadie
After another day of practice:

http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/last4

This the next cover I am working on and it's definitely the most challenging thus far! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 9 2018, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2018, 01:02 AM
Instructor
That sounds great! I just can hear very small details, it sounds very good.

Nice track! what album do you need recomend from that band?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 11 2018, 11:21 PM
Learning Roadie
What were the small details you noticed, my friend? Still a timing issue or something else?

My wrist (fretting hand) has been getting sharp pains in it while playing so I will probably take a few days off from playing to let it heal whatever the issue may be. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2018, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Yeah, but nothing very serious, just small details that make the take sound natural, now that I've rechecked it, I wouldn't mind about it. It's done.

I'm sorry about your hand issue, take care of it. It's a good move to rest for some days.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 14 2018, 12:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab! I come bearing three things:

1.) I posted my REC take for the Escape the Fate lesson, hope I made ya proud!

2.) Since I remixed Goodbye about 20 times so far and haven't been happy with it at all I decided to give up and hand everything over to a professional and I think he did an amazing job! So this song is now 100% officially done and I will no longer touch it.

http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/ashley-graham-goodbye-mixedmastered-by-jonah-walton

3.) El Cazador is my all time favorite Cirse song, and I would be absolutely honored if you were to teach me how to play it so I could cover it. However, if that is an issue with you, the band, label, etc - I will not be offended if you say no and I will continue on with the Senses Fail cover.

\m/

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 14 2018, 12:53 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2018, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris!

I'll check your take at REC.

The new mix is awesome. It sounds excellent in my studio monitors! It's top quality. Congratulations!!! Are you going to release it at Spotify or anything? It really deserves it.

Regarding "El Cazador", I would be honoured! I don't have tabs done yet but I'll think on something.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 14 2018, 11:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks man - I'll have to look into the whole Spotify thing!

As for the next lesson I was thinking this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Post-H...-I-Silverstein/

I really dig the tapping part - it kind of reminds me of the tapping part at 15 seconds for Gojira's - Silvera (although the overall song is heavier) which is a cover I plan on doing in the future:

As for El Cazador - thanks for agreeing to help me learn the song, I can't wait to become THE HUNTER! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2018, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris! That's a killer track by Gojira! I like the overall sound and riffs. I've never been too much into their style.

Silverstein lesson is a good choice to continue, let's go for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 15 2018, 09:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I just recently got into them, some of their music is hit or miss for me but Silvera stuck out enough that I ordered their Magma album. tongue.gif

I started the first part to the Silverstein lesson, I'll share my progress in the next few days.

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2018, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Nice! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 22 2018, 01:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Hola, Gab!

So I have a new song in the works (sort of new, I revisited an older tune I wasn't happy with at the time) and I was wonder what you think of the structure (not so much sound, as it's not mixed).

The electric piano you hear is the vocal melody, I only have it done for some parts not the whole song - but it will feature a female lead.

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/perfect-bg2

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2018, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

on a first heard, I can say that I like the overal vibe of this tune. The rhythms are interesting and the vocal melody is catchy. I need to give it more heards to have a deeper comment regarding structure.

What are you thoughts about it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:39 AM