Vox: Amplug Mikro Stack
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2012, 02:45 AM
GMC:er
Got this in the mail the other day. It's a VOX Amplug with the new Mini Cabinet. I added a Metal Muff for boost. Then recorded it with a regular mic. Suprisingly decent sound for such a small/cheap rig. Very portable, runs on 1 9 volt.

Whaddya thing? Fits in a book bag or even in your pocket! Costs about $50 for the amplug and cab. Whats your fav cheap/portable rig?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 25 2012, 04:00 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hahaa thats too good Todd! cool.gif Sounds pretty sweet! Check out my little Marshall Micro Stack! tongue.gif It actually sounds pretty darn good too , especially if you put it into a guitar case and close it as far as it will close while the amp is standing up or layed down sideways, not closed all the way.

[attachment=29340:IMG_0225.jpg]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 25 2012, 08:43 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 25 2012, 03:45 AM) *
Got this in the mail the other day. It's a VOX Amplug with the new Mini Cabinet. I added a Metal Muff for boost. Then recorded it with a regular mic. Suprisingly decent sound for such a small/cheap rig. Very portable, runs on 1 9 volt.

Whaddya thing? Fits in a book bag or even in your pocket! Costs about $50 for the amplug and cab. Whats your fav cheap/portable rig?

TODD. what's that guitar with reversed sharkfin inlays ? Some ibanez?

Btw Roland Micro Cube's best ,it looks ugly , but provides few great amp simulations

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2012, 05:32 PM
RICH: I almost got that same little Marshall! Record a demo for us!

SLAVENKO: I used to have that little Roland Amp! It was spiff smile.gif The guitar in my video is my IBANEZ XIPHOS. It's freakin METAL!!!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 25 2012, 05:34 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 25 2012, 08:23 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 25 2012, 08:32 AM) *

SLAVENKO: I used to have that little Roland Amp! It was spiff smile.gif The guitar in my video is my IBANEZ XIPHOS. It's freakin METAL!!!!

Attached Image

Oh cool Todd, I have had this one for years, Unfortunately I dont have a proper mic and interface to acurately record its sound , I would have to come out of the headphone jack and line in to my pc.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 26 2012, 09:46 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 25 2012, 06:32 PM) *

Attached Image

Great, it looks like BC Rich Iron Bird copy (Chuck Schuldiner R.I.P.) !! I hope it sounds as close to it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2012, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 25 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Oh cool Todd, I have had this one for years, Unfortunately I dont have a proper mic and interface to acurately record its sound , I would have to come out of the headphone jack and line in to my pc.

I hear ya. An SM57 and a cheap interface would do the trick!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 26 2012, 04:46 AM) *
Great, it looks like BC Rich Iron Bird copy (Chuck Schuldiner R.I.P.) !! I hope it sounds as close to it smile.gif

It does look like an Iron Bird now that you mention it! It also looks somewhat like a DEAN ML. It's METAL to the core. It's got DIMARZIO D-ACTIVATOR pickups so it sounds MEATY!!!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 26 2012, 04:46 AM) *

It does look like an Iron Bird now that you mention it! It also looks somewhat like a DEAN ML. It's METAL to the core. It's got DIMARZIO D-ACTIVATOR pickups so it sounds MEATY!!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 26 2012, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 26 2012, 11:14 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 26 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I hear ya. An SM57 and a cheap interface would do the trick!

Exactly what I was thinking smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:24 AM