Apprentice Bushido Task 47
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Task 47: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Winter-Tune/

There's a good chance you may already have started learning this one because it popped up recently.. but if not, then get your hands warmed up by the fire first and maybe take a drink of some hot fiery liquid (of your choice) to prep yourself for Piotr's Winter Tune !

It's half rhythm and solo lesson this time. The palm muting is nice and accurate so try to get that if you can. Of course, Piotr's vibrato is out of this world, don't worry if you can't get that effect.. as long as the timing and the right emphasis of notes is there, I'm happy smile.gif

And you wouldn't like me if I wasn't happy....

Deadline is next Friday 28th December or the world really will end mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quantum
Dec 27 2012, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
Greetings!

I have finally uploaded my video on YouTube.
Here is the link:

Winter Tune (Bushido Task #47)

I hope you like it.

Dian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 27 2012, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Dec 27 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Greetings!

I have finally uploaded my video on YouTube.
Here is the link:

Winter Tune (Bushido Task #47)

I hope you like it.

Dian

Guys, I think we've got a guitar hero in the making. When you started the riffs I thought it sounded good but when you started the lead I thought it was great !

Your vibrato is something very special indeed. Bending also brilliant.

How did you get this good ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Quantum
Dec 27 2012, 09:06 PM
GMC:er
Oh, thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

Honestly, when I participated in the videochats and watched the collaborations I
thought that I'm not that skilled, so I didn't expect a comment like that. biggrin.gif

Even though I've wasted so much time without practicing properly (or at all) I have
a good foundation from my mother (classical guitar teacher) and I really enjoy
the vibrato of BB King/Jeff Beck. Many of the techniques I've taken from Michael Angelo Batio.
But mainly, I love playing the guitar. I can spend the whole day just jamming and improvising.

Now I finally decided to take my guitar practicing seriously and that's why I'm here in GMC.
Please tell me if you have any recommendations on what I should work on. ^^

Thanks again.

This post has been edited by Quantum: Dec 27 2012, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 27 2012, 09:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Dec 27 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Oh, thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

Honestly, when I participated in the videochats and watched the collaborations I
thought that I'm not that skilled, so I didn't expect a comment like that. biggrin.gif

Even though I've wasted so much time without practicing properly (or at all) I have
a good foundation from my mother (classical guitar teacher) and I really enjoy
the vibrato of BB King/Jeff Beck. Many of the techniques I've taken from Michael Angelo Batio.
But mainly, I love playing the guitar. I can spend the whole day just jamming and improvising.

Now I finally decided to take my guitar practicing seriously and that's why I'm here in GMC.
Please tell me if you have any recommendations on what I should work on. ^^

Thanks again.

Well, whatever you've been doing has been good for your guitar playing smile.gif

Vibrato and bending are very good.. so it would be interesting to see what your overall dexterity is like with something like legato ??

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-3/

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 27 2012, 09:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Quantum that was really good! I totally agree with Ben about your vibrato wow.
I've now got to put something up but I don't have much time. Good job mate!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 27 2012, 10:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 27 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Quantum that was really good! I totally agree with Ben about your vibrato wow.
I've now got to put something up but I don't have much time. Good job mate!

No worries, Z-Master.. I know time is tight over the hols ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 28 2012, 02:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Hm - Really struggled with this one. Just show's me how great Piotr is. He adds so much to this piece with vibrato.
I really think I could do with playing this to a slow backing track for a good week to get more out of it.
I have tried to lay back on the beginning section as I was getting ahead of the beat.
I don't know what else to say -The last lick was pretty tricky also. Actually I'm using elixir strings at the moment 10's and man they are hard
to bend? Don't know why cause the E and B string arn't even coated?

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/winter-tune

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2012, 10:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 28 2012, 01:26 AM) *
Hm - Really struggled with this one. Just show's me how great Piotr is. He adds so much to this piece with vibrato.
I really think I could do with playing this to a slow backing track for a good week to get more out of it.
I have tried to lay back on the beginning section as I was getting ahead of the beat.
I don't know what else to say -The last lick was pretty tricky also. Actually I'm using elixir strings at the moment 10's and man they are hard
to bend? Don't know why cause the E and B string arn't even coated?

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/winter-tune

Great effort Z-Man !! You tackled the riffs really well. Good muting and timing. I'm pleased to hear you noticing being in front of the beat and correcting it, that shows you're really discerning the subtleties of rhythm playing like a pro smile.gif

It's nice to hear your vibrato developing too. Sure, some of the licks are maybe a bit behind in timing but I knew this was a challenge with these licks so I wasn't after perfection but in striving for perfection we can come away with excellence !

Do you normally use 10's ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 29 2012, 06:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 28 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Great effort Z-Man !! You tackled the riffs really well. Good muting and timing. I'm pleased to hear you noticing being in front of the beat and correcting it, that shows you're really discerning the subtleties of rhythm playing like a pro smile.gif

It's nice to hear your vibrato developing too. Sure, some of the licks are maybe a bit behind in timing but I knew this was a challenge with these licks so I wasn't after perfection but in striving for perfection we can come away with excellence !

Do you normally use 10's ? smile.gif

Cheers Ben. Yeah mate on my Strat I have 10's and on my music man I've got 9's.

Not really sure I like my 9's except being easy to bend. Maybe if I had thicker low strings I might?
What's your thoughts on strings?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 29 2012, 11:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 29 2012, 05:41 AM) *
Cheers Ben. Yeah mate on my Strat I have 10's and on my music man I've got 9's.

Not really sure I like my 9's except being easy to bend. Maybe if I had thicker low strings I might?
What's your thoughts on strings?

I've used 9's longer than any other gauge... I love the easy bending and the fact that it seems to give more 'juice' for legato. However, i am getting a bit tired of the low E sounding sharp if I hit an E5 power chord with enthusiasm so I'm stringing the axe up with 10's next time and looking forward to hearing and feeling the difference !

I might have bit of a shock when I got to do my usual bends and vibrato !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:51 PM