Living The Image!
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 20 2010, 11:15 AM
GMC Founder
Bands tend to develop images and fit stereotypes often associated with their specific style of music. Check out Zsolts new solo lesson, "Metallica's "One" and then think about the following questions.

When Metallica cut off all their hair, did it change how you felt about the band? Did it seem as though their style had changed as well? You can't say that image means nothing because if James came out in a skirt and heels people probably wouldn't listen as closely...or perhaps they would listen ever closer?! ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ben Higgins
Dec 20 2010, 12:17 PM
Instructor
Personally I don't think cutting hair and dressing differently necessarily affects the music.. but it does usually signify a change in approach and attitude of the artist, so sometimes it can be a worrying thing ! sad.gif

I was a bit too young to be aware of who Metallica were in the early 90's and how they changed at that time so I wasn't affected, but I can understand how people were ! ohmy.gif

So I guess it's not the hair or clothes that affect the music, it's their change in attitude.. the image is usually the afterthought or the result of their attitude change.

QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 20 2010, 11:13 AM) *
But in the end it's only music that matters. I guess wehn Metallica changed their look was around the time they released Load, so I guess their music also changed, and not just their looks. I liked that album, by the way.

Yes I agree with you Fran.. Load is a good album.. it may not be as out and out metal as their earlier work but who can argue with 'Ain't My Bitch' or '2X4' which could easily have been a Pantera song...?!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:47 PM