3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Know Your Limits...dave Mustaine Failure
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2014, 08:39 AM
Instructor
Cosmin's performance is like a Guru comparing to what we heard in the first post. You'll all right - there is a ton of videos making laugh of great players (somebody replacing the audio with a horrible playing of himself). But I went through this vid and I'm afraid this is really happening.

Ken - You're right. Everyone has a phone cam and it's almost impossible to control the net but...that's just the way life is now. I mean...I was thinking about the "good times" a lot and finally agreed...those will never come back. We should rather ask ourselfs a question...what's gonna happen next...how the world of music will change

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 16 2014, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 16 2014, 12:39 AM) *
Ken - You're right. Everyone has a phone cam and it's almost impossible to control the net but...that's just the way life is now. I mean...I was thinking about the "good times" a lot and finally agreed...those will never come back. We should rather ask ourselfs a question...what's gonna happen next...how the world of music will change

I don't think about it terms of good times or bad times. I'm not a nostalgic guy. And that has nothing to do with the 'future' of music. God help us if it does.
It's just f'n rude, unnecessary, and a waste of time to post crap like that (not you D, the original poster) and I think performers (or anybody) should be able to control their own image.
Posting crap like that is not even about slagging Dave Mustaine - he'll be fine. It's the guy that posts it looking for some attention, ego boost, self-affirmation. Hey, look what I caught - ha ha, doesn't he suck. I wonder if the poster has a record deal with Capitol? Or has sold 50 million units worldwide? Or has had 11 grammy nominations?

Once again I can totally understand why Russell Crowe will take a swing at a Paparazzi now and then.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 16 2014, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 02:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 15 2014, 12:49 PM) *
I guess more people should think much better until accept to play with an orchestra. Dave it's not the first and not the last one who fail in such a project. Maybe had a bad day tongue.gif
IMHO to play with an orchestra it's a job for a virtuoso guitarist. It's totally different from the guitar band job. There you must play with a bunch of awesome and virtuosos musicians. Also it would be much better if you tried to play classical music or listened carefully this music because even if we talk about electric guitar you must respect some classical accents. You can't put mustard in a cake wink.gif

I think Cosmin can tell us many stories about his experience with Mozart Rocks orchestra smile.gif What it looks cool and easy can be a damn hard job smile.gif

Indeed - I have performed this piece 3 times onstage with 3 various orchestras and the amount of pressure and attention to detail is STAGGERING. I have thrown myself into the wolve's den, but what I can tell you would be the following:

- you need a FAR less distorted tone for this sort of gig
- you definitely NEED to serve the orchestra and grow and lay low when they do and they will do the same with you - it's actually a very interesting symbiosis
- this sort of combination can't be played without dynamics - if you want the dynamics, you need to master the piece A to Z
- you need to learn how to communicate with the orchestra leader and he needs to know what approach he should have in respect to having an electric guitar in the orchestra. A lot of orchestra conductors despise anything that's not classical music. If you are unlucky enough to meet one of those, your performance can be greatly damaged.
- you have to be used to performing WITHOUT a drummer smile.gif Playing with an orchestra is a whole different matter than playing with your band and having the thorough support of a godly drummer.

Having the experience of having to walk onstage after 1 or maximum 2 rehearsals with the orchestra in respect to playing this piece, I can say that it served me well. It's most likely the most difficult and delicate performance I had to deal with. It's VERY far from being what it should be in my hands and I would probably have a totally different approach before walking onstage to play it again.

Imagine that I had no clue there wouldn't be any violin that would play the lead lines along with me and I walked up to the stage for the first rehearsal with a big grin on my face - I WAS PREPARED! biggrin.gif My face melted when I realized I WAS ALONE

There's a lot more to tell but I will let you be the judges of my first performance:

Needless to say I was sweating to fill a firefighter truck laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 16 2014, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2014, 03:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 16 2014, 05:02 AM) *
I don't think about it terms of good times or bad times. I'm not a nostalgic guy. And that has nothing to do withe 'future' of music. God help us if it does.
It's just f'n rude, unnecessary, and a waste of time to post crap like that (not you D, the original poster) and I think performers (or anybody) should be able to control their own image.
Posting crap like that is not even about slagging Dave Mustaine - he'll be fine. It's the guy that posts it looking for some attention, ego boost, self-affirmation. Hey, look what I caught - ha ha, doesn't he suck. I wonder if the poster has a record deal with Capitol? Or has sold 50 million units worldwide? Or has had 11 grammy nominations?

Once again I can totally understand why Russell Crowe will take a swing at a Paparazzi now and then.

I agree with you, I don't understand why people enjoys recording and uploading this type of things. I believe that all the bad things that you do in life, get back in one way or another, you throw bad things to the Universe and they get back like a boomerang.

I have no other feeling than respect to Dave. And this could be a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, for him... the tone could be so bad that he got nervous, or he could have made the wrong decision of accepting playing it without the correct practice.. even he is first a great composer, killer rhythm guitarist, an original singer and then a lead guitarist. So no matter what happened, he deserves lots of respect.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor
I forgot to add smile.gif I have not even an ounce of disrespect towards Dave - he has written history in music and that should be enough to say.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2014, 07:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 16 2014, 08:02 AM) *
I don't think about it terms of good times or bad times. I'm not a nostalgic guy. And that has nothing to do with the 'future' of music. God help us if it does.

Yeah man, press can get very annoying - they forget about everything in their relentless race for the sensational smile.gif They deserve a kick in the nuts now and then so that they don't forget it's a human being they are chasing after.

And usually yes, people tend to troll a lot - but all the trolls are people that don't have anything else to stand out with smile.gif It's easy to hate and try to destroy and VERY difficult to build something.

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 17 2014, 09:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Don’t know, someone with that much experiences and achievements should know what to perform in public and what not. If it's real then someone else needed an ego boost here and it’s not only the original poster wink.gif

Press can be hard to deal with i guess, but thats the price to pay for worldwide fame. Youtube videos are part of todays journalisme and i think it’s quite valid to post the “not so good” stuff as well. Otherwise it would be quite selective IMO. To assume the poster of these kind of videos are just haters feels somehow not right to me.

I mean, what are the reasons for someone to perform something in public? To entertain, to show your art or even your skills, get recognition and at the end to earn money in most cases. If the audience is happy and got the whole package, critics will be good. If something up to everything went wrong, the audience will be disappointed and has the right to say this .. even in public as it’s a public performance.

Don't know what went wrong in this performance, if it's fake or not or whatever, it's just my overall opinion about a public lifestyle and reactions from the audience or press smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 17 2014, 09:26 AM
There is an upside to this, at least Dave kept his head banging during the performance.

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 17 2014, 09:27 AM

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Apr 18 2014, 08:14 AM
Hey it did`nt work out. Dave went out and sucked loud and proud on stage it happens to everyone eventually.

I don`t see Dave as a classical guitar player, he is a thrasher.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 18 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
about posting bad things....Just take a look at any news paper. Seems like humanity is feeding with others misfortune. Papers don't write too much about good things that happens to celebrities. They rather post unconfirmed rumors because...that's what people enjoy. And yes...it is sad.

But I will try to remind about the idea of posting. I'm not a person who enjoy trolling people but I think in respect to Your own audience we should always try to deliver best possible quality. I will quote (maybe not word per word) Paul Gilbert from one of his interviews

"I use about 50% of my skills on stage comparing to what I'm able to do at home to make sure I am able to play descent show even if I have a worse day, being tired by all those flights etc...."

That one of many quotes being one of many reasons I like this guy since being a kid.

Consider me as a huge megadeth fan just wondering how situation like this can happen with people who have such insane stage experience.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2014, 09:47 AM
Instructor
There's also another thing - regardless of how great you are, if you don't have enough experience in a certain musical field and you know there's a big chance you can screw it up, you either do it for fun in a small and intimate environment... or you don't give a rat's behind and go out there regardless of the outcome. Just like a samurai knowing he is heading for certain death, but he goes proudly anyway.

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 18 2014, 10:03 AM
I watched this video yesterday, and thought it would be a good addition to the Shredder thread - but then I saw this thread and thought, Dave's performance was a prime example of what Guthrie talks about here...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2014, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Great share man! Didn't know they put this one up in the complete version smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 18 2014, 10:54 AM
I remember Metallica had a video of Kirk not being able to get the rhythm of I want to say St Anger, it hit the net by storm. Now
Mustaine, whats next Vai? Satch? I've seen Buckethead have gear issues, Metallica screw stuff up in person and so on.

I think everyone would rather bash them for the problems that arise, rather than looking at what they really are. From a non
professional / bedroom player view, I'm glad to see that even the professionals can have a hard time. Just shows no matter
how much you practice, how good you are, that in the end you can have a bad day. Why is this? Because they're human also.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Apr 18 2014, 10:55 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Apr 18 2014, 08:29 PM
For me this does not take anything away from Dave`s greatness. I love Megadeth.

How can this happen? Maybe Dave was invited to play or maybe he set it up. He flew in had rental equipment shipped to the stage and maybe he did not get what he wanted.

Sometimes in the worst situations you have to make due.

I am sure Dave can laugh about the performance.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 18 2014, 09:54 AM) *
I remember Metallica had a video of Kirk not being able to get the rhythm of I want to say St Anger, it hit the net by storm. Now
Mustaine, whats next Vai? Satch? I've seen Buckethead have gear issues, Metallica screw stuff up in person and so on.

I think everyone would rather bash them for the problems that arise, rather than looking at what they really are. From a non
professional / bedroom player view, I'm glad to see that even the professionals can have a hard time. Just shows no matter
how much you practice, how good you are, that in the end you can have a bad day. Why is this? Because they're human also.

There's a lot of truth in your words man smile.gif The bad thing is that in every aspect of life, no matter how much good you do, everyone will get mad at you for that ONE bad thing you did and if you are unlucky, they will even remember you for it!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Apr 20 2014, 11:45 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
I am not a Dave Mustaine fan and I am not trying to defend him. I just want to say that this video seems fake to me. If you look at it close enough you will see that Dave is playing his guitar at the beginning also (look at his hand motions) but there is no sound. It only kicks in later on. Seems to me like the poster of this youtube video is trolling us all biggrin.gif just saying..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 20 2014, 01:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Apr 20 2014, 11:45 AM) *
I am not a Dave Mustaine fan and I am not trying to defend him. I just want to say that this video seems fake to me. If you look at it close enough you will see that Dave is playing his guitar at the beginning also (look at his hand motions) but there is no sound. It only kicks in later on. Seems to me like the poster of this youtube video is trolling us all biggrin.gif just saying..

I think there were gear issues so the signal kept cutting in and out. Plus, even if the poster was trolling, why not overdub guitar straight from the beginning ?

I know Dave's licks and style well.. that's definitely his playing. He's always been a much greater rhythm player than anything, even if he would have us believe different. But being one of the greatest rhythm players and riff writers of ALL time is no bad thing ! The man's contribution to metal is unmeasurable smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 20 2014, 02:05 PM
I specially like his solos from early career, but this might have to do with having cool memories of those days smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2014, 08:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 20 2014, 12:55 PM) *
I think there were gear issues so the signal kept cutting in and out. Plus, even if the poster was trolling, why not overdub guitar straight from the beginning ?

I know Dave's licks and style well.. that's definitely his playing. He's always been a much greater rhythm player than anything, even if he would have us believe different. But being one of the greatest rhythm players and riff writers of ALL time is no bad thing ! The man's contribution to metal is unmeasurable smile.gif

As I always say, Ben - what's easier: to get up there and be brave and perform, no matter what, or sit behind the desktop and bash people for being brave? smile.gif I think these troll dudes are to be pitied .. really..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:51 PM