Andy Timmons
Ryan
May 21 2007, 01:19 AM
GMC:er
Anybody know any of his licks???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
May 21 2007, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 21 2007, 02:19 AM) *
Anybody know any of his licks???

Actually, i can play this song with my teeth!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAaAXBtwwI laugh.gif
great song for master ibanez^^lol

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 21 2007, 03:37 AM
wehre can i go to learn this..because hes playign to fast lol..for me..to catch what hes doing lol

it seems to me idk for sure but it seems like he uses a lot arpeggios, and quick runs upa nd down scales, with a lot of power chords, with speed pickin chromatic runs.........hmm idk if thats right, but mabye i need to study him more

but scales does he use???

This post has been edited by Ryan: May 21 2007, 03:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 21 2007, 01:03 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 21 2007, 04:37 AM) *
wehre can i go to learn this..because hes playign to fast lol..for me..to catch what hes doing lol

it seems to me idk for sure but it seems like he uses a lot arpeggios, and quick runs upa nd down scales, with a lot of power chords, with speed pickin chromatic runs.........hmm idk if thats right, but mabye i need to study him more

but scales does he use???

ooo, i m so sorry but i can t tell you that, i m a beginner at guitar(only 8month playing) laugh.gif but maybe this video can help you!
i love andy timmons style smile.gif

ouuups, i forgot! here s the video!^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrHy2o_Q-Fk

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 22 2007, 01:46 AM
yea thats how i learned a lot fo stuff alrdy thx though biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 22 2007, 01:53 AM
lol, sorry

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 22 2007, 02:00 AM
np problem dude biggrin.gif

damn i love this song Cry for you!!!!

This post has been edited by Ryan: May 22 2007, 02:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 22 2007, 02:12 AM
Amazing song! It s one of my favorite andy's song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5ALwj_fKU
Im trying to play the beginning of this one, but its a bit difficult for me!lol^^(Just the beginning huh, if i try the solo part my head will explode!^^)

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 22 2007, 03:29 AM
ok the hardest part of hta..would be getting the rythem down..adn that it really...and thats not al ltaht hard dude...you jsut ahve to focus it.a.nd play it very slowly and listen to the beginning....MANY MANY MANY MANY TIMES...to get it right, or atleast close biggrin.gif..adn by the way...were are you getting the tab for it? please do share

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 22 2007, 12:21 PM
lol, exept dream theater songs, i try to play mostly by ear.
(and exept hard solos too^^), but i think you should find the tabs on guitar pro. Btw, how many years have you been playing?

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 23 2007, 12:41 AM
6 months serioulsy wait no 7...or so...and abouty 2 years all together...but yea...playign by ear..sad.gif idk im kinda worried that i wouldnt be able to do it..but i shall try biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 23 2007, 08:24 PM
I m sure you can do it much more better than me^^lol

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 23 2007, 08:49 PM
hmm well im gonna try biggrin.gif, ill let you know how i goesk, and I get it biggrin.gif, ill let you konw and help you out 2 biggrin.gif

and this will be for the Cry for you by andy timmons that i try and tab biggrin.gif

it willb e first tab, IM EXCITED biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 23 2007, 08:53 PM
thx^^hope i can see this soon:)

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 23 2007, 08:54 PM
pff lol me 2..but dont except it 2 soon.im gonna try it out today and see how it goes..biggrin.gif..using hte video will help me out a lot 2 biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 23 2007, 09:02 PM
Good luck! wink.gif

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 23 2007, 09:29 PM
thx ill need it biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:21 AM