Question For Audio/recording Gurus
gregc1
Jul 6 2012, 08:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys, quick question for some of you audio pros on here.

I use GarageBand to do all of my recording. I load the backing track into a channel then create a new channel and 'apply' Guitar Rig to it for my guitar. After I'm done and satisfied, I duplicate the guitar track and pan each guitar track to left and right respectively. Maybe 85% in each direction. And that's it, audio file complete after getting the guitar and backing mixed as best I can together volume wise.

My question is, are there any pretty easy tricks I can do to get my final product to sound even better/louder/cleaner? I've seen the use of compression being mentioned before as well as noise gates but I don't have any clue on true mixing/mastering or how to use any of that stuff. I'm not trying to get too crazy as this is only used for me personally for these videos but I was assuming I can do better at getting a more 'finished' audio product with as little as a couple quick tricks.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Have a good one!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:40 AM