Need Quick Help, with string buzz and action
Irfan21
Jun 26 2008, 03:09 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys, im posting this with a panic mind. lol.

well i just got this string buzz after changing the string, the thing is i did not change the string gauge or tension, i use the exact string from before. i think the action screw(i don't know what is it called, what i mean is the screw that we must tighten or loosen to adjust our string action) has changed when i remove the string(i dont remember well but i think i touched it and changed the action accidentally).

now when i want to play, it gives me string buzz in the G string. im confused when i lower the action, it still give me buzzes, and when i make the action high, it still give me the buzz, what should i do?

please help this desperate man sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 26 2008, 03:21 AM
you can check to see if the string is placed properly on the bridge and on the nut or you can check to see if your action is indeed to low and make even higher or you can check for string damage

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Irfan21
Jun 26 2008, 04:01 AM
hey i was just wondering , the buzz is more clearer when using distortion, is it because of the amplifier? or what?

i dont know but the sound when its on distortion is lika a string buzz

guys i need your attention here,

please listen to the audio file, listen to the long note, is it a string buzz? or is it just a normal distortion sound?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  this.wma ( 298.64K ) Number of downloads: 84

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2008, 11:58 AM
Instructor
You mentioned a screw that must be tighten to lower the action of the string. WHat screw do you mean?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Irfan21
Jun 26 2008, 04:15 PM
i dont know if its a string or what, but its the thing on the bridge, you know there is a screw for adjusting the intonation, and there is the one that we can adjust with an L shaped screwdriver (i dont know what is it called) to adjust the action.

but beside of that, can you listen to the .wma file i attached above? i want to know, is it a string buzz or what?

listen to the long note,

please i really need your help guys

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 26 2008, 04:21 PM
I am no expert, but I don't think it sounds like buzzing. More like pickup weirdness.
Maybe the new string triggered a pickup adjustment issue. Try lowering your pickup on the bass side.

((I could be wrong, so take this advice with a grain of salt)). smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 26 2008, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Check that the slot from the nut of aht string is not eaten. If you have a set neck guitar change the strings one by one, removing all strings before putting the whole set again will lossen the glue and eventually destroy your guitar.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:30 PM