Introduce Yourself . . . Right On!
gigapus
Feb 26 2012, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
Hey, just taking the challenge to introduce myself. I'm more of a lurker, by personality.

I go by "gigapus". I've been playing guitar for about 25 years. I'm self taught, so despite being able to pull off the occasional tasty lick, I don't really know any of the basics, and I have NO ability to improvise whatsoever (so can you guess what I want to get out of GMC??)

I'm currently playing a PRS Torero straight into my old (faithful) Crate GFX-65. (Yeah, that's right, I like my solid state amp. Got a problem with that? smile.gif )

I just went through David's Chords in the Key of C video. Really helpful. I went right to a keyboard and went through the triads on the white keys, and itl helped make sense of the B dim chord.

Anyway, looking forward to filling my guitar toolbox.

Laters,
gigapus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by gigapus: Feb 26 2012, 03:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 26 2012, 03:01 AM
Welcome, gigapus smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Welcome welcome welcome fellow PRS user biggrin.gif take a look around the site and let us know if you need any help smile.gif improvising is not that evil you know wink.gif if you'd like to know more I can help out.

Cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 26 2012, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man. Let us know If you need help with anything related to your learning. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 29 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man, have fun on GMC! smile.gif Diminished chord can indeed be tricky, but it can be awesome addition to any song. Try working on it more, and in the same way you would work on all other chords of the key: it will pay out smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
LyricsLark
Mar 2 2012, 01:18 PM
Hey There,

Welcome to the group. I'm a newbie here and much like you, I'm also a lurker by personality. I can relate. Twenty-five years of guitar playing,huh? I just started taking guitar lessons a few years ago. That's about the time I decided to shift from being an obscure poet to being an obscure songwriter. lol. I figured that taking a few guitar lessons would help with my songwriting. I really enjoyed the lessons! I'm not very advanced since I took a break from the lessons because of my schedule but I really enjoy playing the guitar. It's relaxing and I think it helped with the lyric writing. If you have a minute, give a listen to my latest song: http://www.americansongspace.com/lyricslark/.

The guitar influence is working because it's heavy on the guitar. I'm not aiming to become a musician...just seeking to become good enough to know how to speak "guitar" in the studio and hoping it will continue to inspire my lyric writing.

LyricsLark rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (gigapus @ Feb 26 2012, 01:59 AM) *
Hey, just taking the challenge to introduce myself. I'm more of a lurker, by personality.

I go by "gigapus". I've been playing guitar for about 25 years. I'm self taught, so despite being able to pull off the occasional tasty lick, I don't really know any of the basics, and I have NO ability to improvise whatsoever (so can you guess what I want to get out of GMC??)

I'm currently playing a PRS Torero straight into my old (faithful) Crate GFX-65. (Yeah, that's right, I like my solid state amp. Got a problem with that? smile.gif )

I just went through David's Chords in the Key of C video. Really helpful. I went right to a keyboard and went through the triads on the white keys, and itl helped make sense of the B dim chord.

Anyway, looking forward to filling my guitar toolbox.

Laters,
gigapus

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 2 2012, 02:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome gigapus! You may lurk all you want, but if you ever feel like it, drop into the forum some time too. smile.gif We like the forum when it's buzzing...at least I do. I am always clicking VIEW NEW POSTS. If they took that button off the screen....I would do some lurking also ph34r.gif

laugh.gif Welcome to the site, man!! My name is Brandon. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2012, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi gigapus! Welcome to the site!! 25 years is a lot of time man! I recommend you to check Ivan's arpeggios and scales workshops were you'll find great information about improvising.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/workshop/?

Enjoy GMC! and let us know how we can help you!

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2012, 07:23 AM
Welcome to GMC Gigapus! smile.gif Todd here, hop in to the VIdeo Chats and Collabs if you can, they are part of what make GMC sooooooooo cool smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:57 PM