2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do You Believe In Aliens/ Extra-terrestrial Life
The Uncreator
Jan 19 2008, 05:41 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well inspired by fretdancers Alien Speech thread, i made this one smile.gif

Personally, i haven't come to a certain yes or no answer, more towards yes i will say though. I think maybe one day if life is like Star Wars or Mass Effect it would be really cool smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 19 2008, 05:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 19 2008, 05:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
My thoughts are always, that maybe we're the aliens? If there's another life form out there (which there should be, I mean c'mon .. theres too much space for there not to be) maybe we're the weird intelligent life forms. But to answer your question, I do believe there's something else out there, whether it be super-human, or a bug.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 19 2008, 05:45 AM
GMC:er
I'm a skeptic so I really son't believe in anything such as that. I mean, I guess that it's possible, but all of those "flying saucer sightings" are imo either made up, government experiments, or from some crack head who's too high to tell the difference between a plane and a flying saucer. smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 19 2008, 05:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Like I said, I beleive, but I definately DO NOT beleive they have visited Earth, or that the government is holding them in Area 51 or any of that mumbo jumbo.

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 19 2008, 05:51 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 18 2008, 10:41 PM) *
Well inspired by fretdancers Alien Speech thread, i made this one smile.gif

Personally, i haven't come to a certain yes or no answer, more towards yes i will say though. I think maybe one day if life is like Star Wars or Mass Effect it would be really cool smile.gif

biggrin.gif Oh god, me and my threads tongue.gif rolleyes.gif . Im in a similar state as you, i mean, ive never seen one, i doubt i ever will, but the possibilities that they exist are almost 100%, being the universe so vast, beyond than vast, infinite? who knows...

QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 18 2008, 10:43 PM) *
My thoughts are always, that maybe we're the aliens? If there's another life form out there (which there should be, I mean c'mon .. theres too much space for there not to be) maybe we're the weird intelligent life forms. But to answer your question, I do believe there's something else out there, whether it be super-human, or a bug.

really good point, imagine how huge the universe is, galaxies, solar systems, dimensions, and us being the "only ones"...

but if i had to come to a conclusion, id say Yes, I believe...

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jan 19 2008, 05:53 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Jan 19 2008, 06:16 AM
I believe in other life forms, and as for the Area 51 thing. We can never truly tell if it's there or not because we can't look into peoples minds.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 19 2008, 09:13 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well you know theres always some pretty cool shows on Satallite TV like "Worlds best UFO evidence caught on camera". I usually get suckered in by that laugh.gif laugh.gif

Its amaizing how many UFO's people film in south amercia !! ohmy.gif I personaly would be very supprised that with all the hundreds of thousands of ufos filmed/snapped/reported over the years that not at least one was real? mellow.gif

EDIT: Do Ewoks count?

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jan 19 2008, 09:13 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 19 2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I believe that there are other life forms out there in the huge universe. Thinking we are alone seems a bit naive when you think about how huge the universe is. But if I believe in all that area 51 stuff, that's another story..

--------------------

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jan 19 2008, 10:25 AM
i totaly think they are, but them wich people say have visited us, is much much more intelligent, evolved and smarter then us, and i think it is a reason they haven't had real contact with us.
BTW. i don't fear any alien attacks, becouse personaly have an oppinion that such a much-more intelligent lifeform would come up with other solutions than blowing us away, or killing people:) not meant to offend anyone.

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Jan 19 2008, 10:25 AM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 19 2008, 10:27 AM
Lets go fishing!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 19 2008, 12:12 PM
QUOTE (AudunESP @ Jan 19 2008, 10:25 AM) *
i totaly think they are, but them wich people say have visited us, is much much more intelligent, evolved and smarter then us, and i think it is a reason they haven't had real contact with us.

Agreed AudunESP, and we shouldnt really make fun of this subject - as it's almost religion for some people. Also we spend billions of the taxpayers money every year, worldwide, to try to solve this riddle.
As a former Scientist, and former SETI engineer, I can tell you that we now definately know that the univers is crawling with life and water, even in free space. The question not yet to be answered is: Are there any smart life out there ? - we just dont know yet do we ...

Here is some inspiration: http://www.seti.org

Edited some typo

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Jan 19 2008, 12:15 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 19 2008, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Yes, I do. Lot of technology that we have today is alien based.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 19 2008, 01:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Statistically, yes I believe. Is any of it smart? Don't know. Will we ever find it if it is? Chances are against it, but we should try.

Do I believe in all the conspiracy theories? Definitely not. The government can't even hide minor indiscretions of politicians, how in the world could they hide something like this???

As an aside, as an ardent SciFi and Fantasy fan, I WANT to believe and I would be stoked if we made contact one day, but pragmatically I am sad to say that I think it probably won't happen in my lifetime sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Batista
Jan 19 2008, 01:51 PM
After I saw Alien vs. Predator 2, I really hope aliens or extra-terrestrial life doesn't exist. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Batista: Jan 19 2008, 01:51 PM

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 19 2008, 03:00 PM
Out of the billion billion planets in the universe there can't only be one with life on it. I'm pretty sure there are others with life on them, maybe even intelligent, but do they fly around in flying saucers and experiment on humans? Pfffh, of course not.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 19 2008, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jan 19 2008, 03:00 PM) *
Out of the billion billion planets in the universe there can't only be one with life on it. I'm pretty sure there are others with life on them, maybe even intelligent, but do they fly around in flying saucers and experiment on humans? Pfffh, of course not.

Actually, there is a really low chance that that can happen, and if the universe is infinite, that means that there are infinetly planets with aliens flying on saucers and experimenting with humans (just maybe not from our planet). There is also a really low chance that there is somebody doing exactly the same as you are now, and once again, if the universe is infinite, that means that there are infinetly many aliens looking like you and doing the same thing as you right now.

This of course requires the universe to be endless, and since that is one of the common views, it's interesting to play with that thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 19 2008, 04:16 PM
For no apparent reason, other than having Physics in school right now, i know the equation for finding intelligent life on planets, also called "Drakes Equation"

N = R* x Fp x Ne x Fe x Fi x Fc x L

(Lowercase letter are sub scripts)

R∗ is the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
Fp is the fraction of those stars that have planets
Ne is the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
Fe is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
Fi is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
Fc is the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L is the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

smile.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 19 2008, 04:16 PM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 19 2008, 04:54 PM
That would be the equation for finding intelligent life in our galaxy and not the entire universe, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 19 2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah, just our galaxy. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 19 2008, 05:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'd say there's life in the universe besides us. And not only on one other planet but lots anf lots and lots of them. Both more and less advanced than us. We're so tiny and I don't think we're that special at all and that we think too high of ourselves if we think we're it.
I'm stay very humble towards what's out there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:59 AM