If You Like Symphony X You Might Like Kamelot
Letsrock
Sep 21 2008, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
I have put a link below to a song by Kamelot off their Black Halo album.

A previous poster mentioned Symphony X and I think Kamelot should also get a mention.

I got into Kamelot through one of those "people who bought this also bought ......." links. It was from a Symphony X album. They are difficult to categorise but sound a mix between Power and Progressive Metal.

See what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qdcl67H1Jw

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 21 2008, 02:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think "Symphonic Power Metal" would be the most accurat genre to put Kamelot =)

I love them of all my heart ^^ The vocalist is Norwegian, and was training to become an operasinger. But lucky for us, he changed to metal instead smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Sep 22 2008, 09:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Sep 21 2008, 07:23 PM
Instructor
I love Kamelot! Brilliant band and music.
I strongly recommend getting their live DVD as it's one of the best performances i've seen

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 21 2008, 07:54 PM
Instructor
They're awesome!
Thanks for sharing!

and thanks Trond, for the tip on the live DVD. I will check it out smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 21 2008, 07:59 PM
I tried hard to get into Kamelot, but it always ends up giving me a headache and making me cringe.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 21 2008, 09:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Kamelot is one of my favourite bands ever, they're awesome smile.gif
And Kahn, their singer, is norwegian which is kinda cool tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Letsrock
Sep 22 2008, 08:12 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Sep 21 2008, 07:23 PM) *
I love Kamelot! Brilliant band and music.
I strongly recommend getting their live DVD as it's one of the best performances i've seen

Thanks for the advice I will buy this. I am going to see them in Wolverhampton in the UK, March 09 and that'll be even better than a live DVD.
I cannot understand why they are not more popular in the UK. I say that because their UK tour doesn't have many dates..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:02 PM