Graphite Bridge Saddles
Yanzibar
Feb 12 2009, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
Hello GMC,

Some little problems have occured when i'm playing guitar, my strings are keep jumping of just at the bridge part of my guitar. My guitar is a cheap strat type with all the stock items still on it. I've heard when you put graphite saddles on it the strings don't jump of easily, but the question is: Where can i get graphite bridge swaddles for a strat model?

Hope you can help me,

Yanzibar

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yanzibar: Feb 12 2009, 05:17 PM

--------------------
My gear
I play a Jay's sound strat like guitar
Line 6 spider III Amp with 30 Watts
New gear is coming ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 13 2009, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (Yanzibar @ Feb 12 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Hello GMC,

Some little problems have occured when i'm playing guitar, my strings are keep jumping of just at the bridge part of my guitar. My guitar is a cheap strat type with all the stock items still on it. I've heard when you put graphite saddles on it the strings don't jump of easily, but the question is: Where can i get graphite bridge swaddles for a strat model?

Hope you can help me,

Yanzibar

Sounds to me more like the Bridge isn't set up properly!!! Before spending out on Graphite Saddles etc take it to a Shop and get a Tech to look at it, unless you think you can do it yourself!
It sounds as though the Springs aren't holding enough tension and so the bridge is raising from the tension in the strings causing the strings to be slack in their saddles and that's why they're slipping out!
Can you post any pics of the Bridge as it's set-up at the moment?
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 13 2009, 12:37 PM
You can solve this problem with a saw to make the grooves that little bit bigger on the saddle but like always if you don't know what you're doing then get a professional to look at it for you. You don't need a new bridge just the one you have fixing smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 13 2009, 10:59 PM
I don't see how graphite would solve this. It sure is a great material (or component) for saddles and nuts because of it's self lubricating properties. But graphite would be *more* slippery. Just correct the saddle using a file. I should be easy to do as long as you are careful and do not blindly file away to much. Hope that helps.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Yanzibar
Feb 14 2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'l take it to a guitar shop around Tuesday.

--------------------
My gear
New gear is coming ;)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 16 2009, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Yanzibar @ Feb 14 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Thanks for the replies, I'l take it to a guitar shop around Tuesday.

They'll charge you a lot for a simple job. It's nothing really just file it down a tiny bit using something that will work.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Yanzibar
Feb 18 2009, 09:56 AM
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Feb 16 2009, 11:29 PM) *
They'll charge you a lot for a simple job. It's nothing really just file it down a tiny bit using something that will work.

I went to the guitar shop and it overall costed about 35€ for the lot. I got it mounted up and running wink.gif.
Now i have GraphTech saddles on it and my strings don't break anymore biggrin.gif.

--------------------
My gear
New gear is coming ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:55 PM