I Am Having A Problem With Reaper, Static Spike
Nihilist1
Jan 15 2012, 02:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Within this post I have embedded a sound file that Demontrates a problem I am having with Reaper. I have a static spike that appears whenever I am set to record anything. I do not know why this happens, but I would surely love to solve this problem, and I have a hunch someone here on GMC can help me. Thank you!

http://soundcloud.com/nihilist1/test

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 15 2012, 05:49 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Sounds like your input signal is too hot, how is your guitar or whatever instrument this happens on going into your PC? is it through a DI interface or Pedal? If so try dialing down the volume, or adding a gate in the effects chain if its something like a POD.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 15 2012, 06:19 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 15 2012, 04:49 AM) *
Sounds like your input signal is too hot, how is your guitar or whatever instrument this happens on going into your PC? is it through a DI interface or Pedal? If so try dialing down the volume, or adding a gate in the effects chain if its something like a POD.

Believe it or not, I am just plugging a 1/4 female to 1/8 male adapter into my microphone jack. I had purchased a POD in the past, but I was not a fan. I thought it sounded horrible. Then again, I really suck at dialing in tones. That is the place where I lack the least skill.

Thank you for the tip! I will see what I can do to bring it down!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 01:25 PM
Instructor
Hmm, it sounds like something generated by some plugin or something (because I can still hear the guitar signal in the background). Do you happen to use some plugins, like Guitar Rig or anything?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 15 2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor
I had this sound when I was using a demo version of Amplitube. After the free trial runs out it does this audio spike every few seconds. I'm wondering the same thing as Ivan.. are you using any plugins ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 08:07 PM
Instructor
Yeah, Amplitube does that too, I confirm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 15 2012, 10:16 PM
It is the free Amplitube trial, then. I will uninstall and reinstall it. Thank you for the help! I am kind of broke right now so it will be awhile before I can really get much.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 16 2012, 08:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jan 15 2012, 09:16 PM) *
It is the free Amplitube trial, then. I will uninstall and reinstall it. Thank you for the help! I am kind of broke right now so it will be awhile before I can really get much.

Yeah I was so annoyed when it happened to me.. I'd only just discovered how to get a decent, juicy tone (by adding an extra distortion pedal) when it did that noise thing dry.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor
Try installing Amplitube 3 Free, it has two fender and one marshall emulation. If you do it properly, you can do some cool tones with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 16 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
I was using one called Amplitube Metal, that's worth a look as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 16 2012, 11:17 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 16 2012, 10:09 AM) *
Try installing Amplitube 3 Free, it has two fender and one marshall emulation. If you do it properly, you can do some cool tones with it.

I am using Amplitube 3 free. Everything I have for recording is what you described in your "How To Record "video. The only difference is that I am using a better computer.

I have to thank you for that video as well. It is a very good one!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2012, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Cheers mate, glad you liked the video. It's great too install in on better PC, that can improve the performance. It could be that you used some of the models that were in demo section, so this is why this noise appears.

As Ben said, Amplitube Metal is also interesting, but it's not free. There is Metal Amp Room, which is quite good too. For hi-gain metal tones, I believe ReValver MKIII and it's 6505 emulations are the best IMHO.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:59 PM