Framing The Shot (making Vids)
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2019, 10:40 AM
GMC:er
Framing the shot when making vids is crucial. A poorly framed vid can turn people off before they even get a chance to watch it. The thumbnail is the invitation, the first frame that pops on screen is the only chance you get to snag them. If they don't like it, they will just click off. I see folks making the same mistakes quite often so quick tips!!

DON'T~Have your bed or bedding in the shot

DON'T~Have dirty or clean clothes/clothes hamper in the shot

DON'T~Have an open closet door/shot of the closet interior in the shot

DON'T~Have a anything in the shot that doesn't belong in a recording studio.

Essentially, try to frame your shot so that it looks like the viewer is getting a peek inside of your personal recording studio to see you making the magic happen. Shove everything else, out of the shot, at least during the shoot. It should not look dirty or cluttered. The more blinking boxes/rack gear/pedals, the better. Even if not being used, these give viewers a sense of looking in on a real recording session. Spend time framing your shot. Make sure a still image from your shoot, looks like you want it to look. Then shoot away smile.gif Here is a screen grab from my last vid just as a demo. I still take screen grabs of random spots in the time line to spot check.

Attached Image
Shoot!!!!! smile.gif
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 7 2019, 10:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2019, 01:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
I still find my space a bit messy! I wish I had a green screen smile.gif Maybe that can go on the wish list for christmas smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Sep 19 2019, 01:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2019, 01:49 PM) *
I still find my space a bit messy! I wish I had a green screen smile.gif Maybe that can go on the wish list for christmas smile.gif

Get some green fabric from a local fabric merchant

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 19 2019, 02:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Sep 19 2019, 02:59 PM) *
Get some green fabric from a local fabric merchant

I actually did that, but turns out it wasn't big enough. They didn't produce the fabric wide enough. It was like 165 cm in width, which I then had to use as height. Unless of course I stitch more of the pieces together.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:10 PM