Alnico Blue Vs Gold
NPB1979
Apr 7 2014, 07:18 PM
GMC:er
If I'm making a custom 15 watt tube amp, what is the better speaker? Alnico Blue or Gold?
It will probably end up sounding a lot like an AC15

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
As me about my Michigan-based handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups. Est. 2010 - I wind more for hobby and not for profit. I do pickup winding, rewinding, and some vintage repair as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
klasaine
Apr 7 2014, 08:55 PM
GMC:er
Are you referring to Celestion blue/gold speakers?

The Gold has higher clean headroom - more wattage handling capability - before breakup, and a bit more low mids depending on the cabinet construction and how many watts you're throwing at it.

The 'golds' are very popular with folks that have AC-15/30s and other vox style amps.
The blues will most likely sound very similar if not identical if you're going to use two speakers in an amp that's no hotter than 30 watts (and no 'top-boost' design).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:37 AM