Different Lessongs?funk,metal,country?
Darknodar123
Oct 24 2009, 07:26 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys I am a starting GMC:er and rocker and here is a question.

In GMC Database there are a lots of different style video lessons.Blues,country,metal etc.In order to learn to play one video lesson does my amp needs different adjustment for each style?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 24 2009, 07:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Oct 24 2009, 08:26 AM) *
Hey guys I am a starting GMC:er and rocker and here is a question.

In GMC Database there are a lots of different style video lessons.Blues,country,metal etc.In order to learn to play one video lesson does my amp needs different adjustment for each style?

I will say that if Your amp can handle a ) clean sound b ) crunch-sound (lightly distorded) c) heavy distorsion, then You can play all the lessons and make them sound good. smile.gif Although a special "sound" is not needed for most of the lessons, it is much more fun if it sounds "right" when You are practicing. smile.gif

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Staffy: Oct 24 2009, 07:55 AM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Oct 24 2009, 08:23 AM
I am going to buy a Marshall 10W today for my room.Can it handle some of the video lessons?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 24 2009, 08:58 AM
GMC Founder
^^Definitely - and the good thing is that if you should discover that you want even more sound versatility after you have bought the amp, you can always add an effect pedal!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 24 2009, 09:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Oct 24 2009, 09:23 AM) *
I am going to buy a Marshall 10W today for my room.Can it handle some of the video lessons?

Yeah, definitely! smile.gif I will say that it's most important to focus on playing & learning the techniques, rather than
sound. You can always buy some killer gear, but You surely can't buy good playing!
Good Luck !!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Oct 24 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys for the great help. smile.gif

I am relieved that with this marshall I can play some styles but i wont be needing a pedal as in December I am going to buy an amplifier with more channels.

Patience till then biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 24 2009, 12:51 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
You can play any style without an amp, but a death metal lesson isn't going to sound good clean, and an acoustic pop lesson isn't going to sound good with your drive up to 10. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Oct 24 2009, 01:10 PM
Ok then in a while I will try Smoke On The Water/

Can i achieve it with Marshall MG-10CD with Clean sound?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 24 2009, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Sure, no problem, just make an overdriven preset and your ready to rock wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 24 2009, 05:26 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:27 PM