Sikth, Great Progressive-Metal Band
Toni Suominen
Aug 7 2008, 09:00 PM
Instructor
Since there was no topic on this unfortunately now broken-up band, I wanted to start some discussion about them.
If you don't know them, here's some videos of them:

A music video for their song "Bland Street Bloom"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyqaLpJTQg

The guitarists of Sikth (Pin and Dan) playing a bunch of their tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-8aipuDILs

Their guitarwork is simply brilliant and also very inventive and unique. I've never heard anything like them. Super-technical but also melodic and with great hooks.

Check out their latest and sadly their last album "Death of a Dead Day" if you want to hear more of them. Personally I find it to be their best album smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PanicProne
Aug 11 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
Yeah. They could at least've released some covers and b-sides. Think of a radiohead cover with a sikth twist or something like it. I can't say much more than that. Brilliant band. And uh yeh.. gotta love the "humour" in their music. Take the breakdown (or the whole song for instance) of Pussyfoot "live LiFe live LiFe NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" *headbanging*.

Break up. what a shame. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do now. But something tells me it won't be near the brilliance of Sikth!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by PanicProne: Aug 11 2008, 04:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:41 PM