inspiration
beebo
Dec 10 2006, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Hello, for some reason I just can't find inspiration for being a better guitar player. I want to be good but it would be better if I had inspiration! any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by beebo: Dec 10 2006, 01:05 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eyeless_Neptune
Dec 10 2006, 01:40 AM
i think every musician has the same problem at some point, lack of inspiration. i try to write music and i know it has happened to me. it can come from the strangest places. you can be sitting day dreaming and could come up with a world changing riff biggrin.gif if u want to be inspired to be a better player the best thing to do in my opinion is to listen to some great guitarists. theres nothing better than hearing someone far better than yourself to jump start you into practicing 10 hours a day. when i started out, it was hearing guys in guitar shops playing things i thought i could never play that got me jealous enough to practice for hours and get half decent. ive only been playin 3 and a half years but i probably wouldnt have kept that up if i didnt want what they had. listen to the greats, there are plenty of them. a bit of envy works like a treat tongue.gif [font=Courier New]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
beebo
Dec 10 2006, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (Eyeless_Neptune @ Dec 9 2006, 04:40 PM) *
i think every musician has the same problem at some point, lack of inspiration. i try to write music and i know it has happened to me. it can come from the strangest places. you can be sitting day dreaming and could come up with a world changing riff biggrin.gif if u want to be inspired to be a better player the best thing to do in my opinion is to listen to some great guitarists. theres nothing better than hearing someone far better than yourself to jump start you into practicing 10 hours a day. when i started out, it was hearing guys in guitar shops playing things i thought i could never play that got me jealous enough to practice for hours and get half decent. ive only been playin 3 and a half years but i probably wouldnt have kept that up if i didnt want what they had. listen to the greats, there are plenty of them. a bit of envy works like a treat tongue.gif [font=Courier New]

thanks

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Dec 10 2006, 08:36 PM
Look no further than my signature links.

+Quote Post
beebo
Dec 10 2006, 08:41 PM
that was cool and weird at the same time. I appreciate it

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Dec 11 2006, 06:03 PM
we all sufffer from this , me especially!!
What i do though when iv lost my inspiration , is not to play! it may sound strange but i just put the dam thing down and leave for a few days or even a week. I tell ya i is so hard to walk past the guitars and not pick one up and play. I resist though. if i feel disinterested in it or keep thinking im a crap player and will never aspire to the likes of Kris's standard I then have to tell myself its all in my head and only practise & time will tell (its all up to me!!!)
Eventually i hear a tune on the radio or something , usually its one i can "kinda" play, so im back to the guitar like a shot and all happy & smily again .......till the next problem arises.

I think that if you have it in your head at one time or another that your rubbish etc. there is no point in playing with that frame of mind. You will only put yourself down on every bum note. so just leave for a while or play some backing trax or an easy strumming song that you can play along to to perk you up a bit.

this is what I do anyway and i know we are all different , but it may help you

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 11 2006, 07:44 PM
GMC Founder
I resist though. if i feel disinterested in it or keep thinking im a crap player and will never aspire to the likes of Kris's standard I then have to tell myself its all in my head and only practise & time will tell (its all up to me!!!)

That's right!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
Dec 13 2006, 12:46 AM
Ok I'll try but I'll probably have to put it down for a while because I didn't do to well in 8th Grade Soc.Studies this semester! sad.gif unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:03 PM