Better Late Than Never, I read like hundreds of "introduce threads" at work
Antipolitik
Sep 18 2008, 06:09 AM
GMC:er
so I felt like I had to write something about myself as well...

My name is not Antipolitik, it's actually Jonas and I am 32 years old. I live in Sweden and started playing guitar one year ago. I have a girlfriend, her name is Viktoria. She plays the violin, well, sometimes. smile.gif She doesn't practice as much as I do, for sure. I don't think anyone can. biggrin.gif I also have a daughter, she is 6 years old, she lives with her mum 15 miles away but it's not too far so she visits me at weekends and holidays. Only sad thing she has a very strong Stockholm accent. tongue.gif

I live in a house like 125 metes from the ocean and I got 5 minutes walk to my work. Pretty nice actually. I built the house, well, I started 4 years ago (still not finished) with my own hands (and my fathers of course lol). The only thing I had some help with were the installing of floorheat system and the roof. The rest I did myself. I work at the same place as my father and my cousin, one of the worlds best paperpulp factorys in the world (www.korsnas.com). Before Korsnas I worked 4 years as a technician at one of Swedens most well-known Nuclear plants (www.forsmark.com).
I had to drive 2-2.5 hours/day when I worked there and I worked 7-shift (don't know the real english word) so I quit and started working with my dad again. I even got a better pay at Korsnas and could walk to work so all good.

Before starting with guitar I produced lots of house, techno, acid house, rnb and hiphop music with different people. Mostly for fun but I got 2 songs on the swedish radio P3 which was cool. I also manage to get a record deal with a label in U.S. It was a track done with the software ReBirth and one drum-machine called raveolution 309.

I always wanted to learn guitar but never managed to start until I saw one dude on the internet. It was Kris. I'm a crazy dude myself so I really got myself a laugh and bought me a guitar. The first song i tried was Nirvanas - Smells like teen spirit. I couldn't imagine that song difficult to play but it was. I was shocked. laugh.gif I tuned my guitar to drop C and started to do some nu-metal riff. Bands like Godsmack, One minute Silence (listen to Holy man, great song btw) had always been great to me so drop tuning felt a good place to start. After playing drop C for a while I started to be more concentrated on my practice and became a member at this wonderful site with all the crazy people (that's you).

I started to tune my guitar half-step down and standard and it was very difficult at the beginning but it slowly got easier. I do mainly downstroke when I play (just recently started practice alt-picking and tremolo. It's hard!). I also haven't done much scale practice but I think it's a must so I started with this as well. I don't do any theory yet. Not much anyway.

Obviously I am a rock/metalhead but blues is very fun to play and I like listen to it. At the moment I have Joe Bonamassa in my MP3. Bands I like: Black Sabbath, Godsmack, Alice in Chains, One minute Silence, Disturbed, Black Label Society, Metallica (especially new album), Rage against the Machine, Slayer, Candlemass and many more.

At the moment I practice lessons from: Lian, David Wallimann, Pablo Vazquez and Gabriel Leopardi. I will soon start to dig deep into lessons by Ivan Milenkovic. For me he is the funkiest guitar player on this site so that's something I got to check out! Of course I check out every instructor but I think I have time on my side despite the fact I'm already 32! I told myself one year ago when I started:
- "Give this 5 years and then decide if you want to keep playing or try something else..." so 4 years left on my masterplan. What I love with this site is the people at the forums, the great instructors. All very helpful! Thanks!

Singing is another thing I like more than being a good singer if you know what I mean. I do think it's important to sing when you play even if you don't sound too good. My main goal is to play guitar! Not singing! Remember that! Haha.
Other hobbies: Fishing, MMA (ufc.com for example), diving Thailand, building my house and lots more... Life is just way too short! I think I have bored you enough, see you online!

Oh, if you like my wristband, you should check out my friends stuff here and maybe order something yourself! You can contact Tommy @ : http://blogg.1eye1.se/

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Sep 18 2008, 06:22 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Antipolitik   Better Late Than Never   Sep 18 2008, 06:09 AM
- - jdriver   Great bio and welcome to the site! I've n...   Sep 18 2008, 06:18 AM
- - Kuba Szafran   Welcome to GMC, it's good to have you here .   Sep 18 2008, 06:59 AM
- - audiopaal   Welcome to GMC I was kinda late with my introduc...   Sep 18 2008, 07:36 AM
- - MickeM   QUOTE (Antipolitik @ Sep 18 2008, 07:09 A...   Sep 18 2008, 08:28 AM
- - Jerry Arcidiacono   Great introduction from you Jonas   Sep 18 2008, 08:50 AM
- - Canis   Hehe, never too late for an introduction ^^ Welcom...   Sep 18 2008, 08:54 AM
- - Nemanja Filipovic   Beautiful intro man.Welcome:)   Sep 18 2008, 11:50 AM
|- - Muris Varajic   Nice post!   Sep 18 2008, 12:23 PM
nnn
- - 2mazzo   Welcome Antipolitik. It`s good to see that som...   Sep 18 2008, 12:33 PM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   Great to get to know you a little better Jonas   Sep 18 2008, 01:07 PM
nnn
- - Kristofer Dahl   Great to finally see an introduction from you Jona...   Sep 18 2008, 01:09 PM
- - skennington   Great intro Jonas. As said, you definitely have mu...   Sep 18 2008, 02:25 PM
- - Antipolitik   QUOTE (2mazzo @ Sep 18 2008, 01:33 PM) We...   Sep 18 2008, 04:18 PM
- - coffeeman   Very nice post Jonas, keep your songs ocming I enj...   Sep 18 2008, 05:02 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Great story Jonas, welcome to GMC man.   Sep 18 2008, 08:07 PM
- - Gerardo Siere   Welcome to GMC. Great introduction.   Sep 18 2008, 10:33 PM
- - Hisham Al-Sanea   welcome Jonas   Sep 18 2008, 10:42 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Great introduction! Welcome officially to GMC...   Sep 18 2008, 11:02 PM
- - Trond Vold   Welcome......   Sep 19 2008, 03:03 AM
- - Ian Bushell   Welcome to GMC:)   Sep 19 2008, 05:12 PM
- - Pedja Simovic   Welcome Jonas !   Sep 20 2008, 02:51 PM
- - Dejan Farkas   Nice story, welcome   Sep 23 2008, 03:27 PM
- - Capt.Z   I've seen you before! I remember your ...   Sep 23 2008, 03:30 PM
- - Noangels   Great introduction mate:) I love martial arts too...   Sep 25 2008, 02:14 PM
- - superize   Welcome Jonas its better late then never You got ...   Sep 25 2008, 02:37 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:41 AM