14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Vonhotch Custom Picks
vonhotch
Jul 17 2013, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jul 17 2013, 05:54 AM) *
Wow, this looks really cool. I'm a big fan of Jazz III's myself, I just like the thickness and size of it.

Thanks. I love Jazz III's too. That's what I used before these. I'm finding that these evolve a bit that like Todd mentioned, it is interesting to see that the pick material can make different sizes, or shapes, feel more comfortable, where they are not in another material.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2013, 02:58 PM
Speaking of Jazz IIIs, the new pics I just got from von include one (the octavious) that feels a lot like a jazz but a tad more jumbo. The metal is light and the bevel on the edge is so killer, that it feels like you are playing a standard thin pick. The part hitting the strings is quite thin, the base has more thickness which aids in grip. I LOVE these.

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 11:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2013, 11:58 PM) *
Speaking of Jazz IIIs, the new pics I just got from von include one (the octavious) that feels a lot like a jazz but a tad more jumbo. The metal is light and the bevel on the edge is so killer, that it feels like you are playing a standard thin pick. The part hitting the strings is quite thin, the base has more thickness which aids in grip. I LOVE these.

Attached Image

They look really cool. Honestly I want one now ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2013, 12:19 AM
Just PM Vonhotch smile.gif He's been great about hooking up the folks here @ GMC!! he's in this thread a bit back.

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jul 18 2013, 06:30 PM) *
They look really cool. Honestly I want one now ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2013, 01:58 PM) *

Attached Image

Todd, are these the ones made out of the new alloy?

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 19 2013, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 19 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Todd, are these the ones made out of the new alloy?

Those are the last of the old stuff. So far I'm the only one with any made from the new 7075... Muah ha ha ha. cool.gif I have been tied up finishing some other things but I will have a batch of new stuff ready this weekend. I think I keep saying that but I really mean it this time. tongue.gif Every bodies new picks will be ready to ship the beginning of the week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 19 2013, 04:13 PM
I like Todd's Octavius pick wink.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2013, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jul 19 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Those are the last of the old stuff. So far I'm the only one with any made from the new 7075... Muah ha ha ha. cool.gif I have been tied up finishing some other things but I will have a batch of new stuff ready this weekend. I think I keep saying that but I really mean it this time. tongue.gif Every bodies new picks will be ready to ship the beginning of the week.

Oooo biggrin.gif (rubbing hands and laughing) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2013, 05:51 AM
I"m with ya!! I LOVE the OCTAVIOUS pick. The bevel makes it play like a much thinner pick and the heft makes is easy to articulate and seems to reduce stress on the hand as the weight acts almost like a balance making consistent strikes much easier.

Killer picks VON!!

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 19 2013, 11:13 AM) *
I like Todd's Octavius pick wink.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 30 2013, 02:00 PM
I have been giving away some picks from the first batch of material in a contest on my facebook page to make room for the new stuff. If anybody is interested. I will be drawing this afternoon. And probably doing it again next week.

www.facebook.com/artofvonhotch

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2013, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Hey VH, I will spread the news on FB myself!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 31 2013, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2013, 06:23 AM) *
Hey VH, I will spread the news on FB myself!

Thanks, man. I thought it would be a fun way to expand my reach a bit. I will probably start giving away a few of the new ones too, once I run out of the originals, and get a bit of inventory built back up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
And you shouldn't stop here man - the power of the internet and social media is totally awesome and I totally recommend you to be as active as possible. Have you thought about some strategy maybe?

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Aug 1 2013, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 1 2013, 07:40 AM) *
And you shouldn't stop here man - the power of the internet and social media is totally awesome and I totally recommend you to be as active as possible. Have you thought about some strategy maybe?

Social media is such a fad. I'm going with sign flippers.

In all seriousness, I have a bit of a loose strategy and have been fortunate enough to have a lot of great support coming from all over the world. People have been great about giving me feedback and helping to spread the word. Right now I am working on switching over to the new material and getting feedback on that, and getting some out to everyone that will be trying them. I have been speaking to bands, and have some other ideas for when I get some inventory built back up.

But speaking of all of that I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.
Everyone here at Gmc that has tried them, and given me great honest opinions.

The bands that have tested them, which of course everybody should check out:

Days of Confusion https://www.facebook.com/DaysOfConfusionOfficial
Ender's Game http://endersgametheband.com/
Setting Fire to Stacey https://www.facebook.com/SettingFireToStacey
Pet the Preacher https://www.facebook.com/petthepreacher

A couple websites
www.guitarmasterclass.net Of course!!
www.six-string-samurai.com courtesy of GMC's own six string samurai
www.guitarwink.com

And of course Todd who has taken the time to help me with all kinds of advice and got me to start this whole pick thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Sounds good so far man - I was thinking about more interactive things involving the bands which are using them - for instance - us tongue.gif we can make a little testimonial video in which we can speak about the picks and such.. There's a lot of stuff to do and as I said, if I like something, I will act in such a manner so that everyone will know I like that thing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2013, 12:13 AM
This is a very good idea COS!!! Testimonial vids are very spiff when done well and especially when folks with chops are doing the testifying!! I'm going to make one myself in my next playthough vid shoot. Shoot something and share it via youtube and then Von can embed it!! What do you think VON?

P.S. I sent some killer VON picks to Dylan who makes DAEMONESS GUITARS today for him to try out. He is an important voice in the Metal scene IMHO and a die hard Metal fan. Not to mention a really nice guy and one hell of a talented artist. I hope he is inspired by these picks the same way I have been. These things really have opened up a new door for me in my playing. I'm just nuts about them smile.gif

Attached Image

QUESTION:

Anybody else notice that these picks actually help you play longer, faster, more precisely and bettr?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2013, 03:51 AM) *
Sounds good so far man - I was thinking about more interactive things involving the bands which are using them - for instance - us tongue.gif we can make a little testimonial video in which we can speak about the picks and such.. There's a lot of stuff to do and as I said, if I like something, I will act in such a manner so that everyone will know I like that thing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 3 2013, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 2 2013, 11:13 PM) *
This is a very good idea COS!!! Testimonial vids are very spiff when done well and especially when folks with chops are doing the testifying!! I'm going to make one myself in my next playthough vid shoot. Shoot something and share it via youtube and then Von can embed it!! What do you think VON?

P.S. I sent some killer VON picks to Dylan who makes DAEMONESS GUITARS today for him to try out. He is an important voice in the Metal scene IMHO and a die hard Metal fan. Not to mention a really nice guy and one hell of a talented artist. I hope he is inspired by these picks the same way I have been. These things really have opened up a new door for me in my playing. I'm just nuts about them smile.gif

Attached Image

QUESTION:

Anybody else notice that these picks actually help you play longer, faster, more precisely and bettr?

I'm in for it! biggrin.gif I'll make something up with my band mates as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm sure that will help! Anyone else using the picks, contact VONHOTCH post any blurbs/testimonial stuff here in the thread too If possible so he can grab it!!! These are awesome and I think it's so cool they are gestating here @ GMC!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 3 2013, 03:31 AM) *
I'm in for it! biggrin.gif I'll make something up with my band mates as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2013, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Well, I'll be getting my hands on the improved alloy versions and we'll see what we can do after that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Aug 5 2013, 03:47 PM
Some quotes and testimonial vids would be great. I would love that and would definitely share them on the website and facebook, and everywhere. And quotes anybody is willing to provide would be great too!

Hopefully your new picks will be there soon Cosmin.

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:03 PM