Giving Back My Dslr, Just not for my workflow.
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2012, 01:36 AM
GMC:er
I know many of our DSLR FREAKS will be aghast, but I"m giving back my T3i DSLR. It's an

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING HIGH QUALITY CAMERA

But it doesn't fit in to my (as in only me, not anyone else) workflow. Here is where it fell down for me.

1.)No Remote Control for zooming while shooting video chat.
-Small gripe I know, and yes there are work arounds to buy with more money.

2.)No Real Time HD Video Out!
-Yes I know about the HDMI out but it's got bits of info on it as it's not meant for that.
-Yes I know about flashing the rom and such. Meh.
-Yes I know about capturing the HDMI with separate capture card.

3.)Doesn't Come with Power Supply!
-Unit only ships with one battery.
-Yes I know you can buy a power plug after market, but like the zoom mount, you can go crazy spending wads of money aftermarket. Double Meh.

So instead I"m getting one of these. It's a MASSIVE MASSIVE DOWNGRADE IN TERMS OF IMAGE QUALITY but it's still full HD resolution 1920x1080 and!!!!!

1.)REMOTE CONTROL! (Zoom, pan, tilt, etc. Running over to the tripod during lessons is Meh.)

2.)REAL TIME VIDEO OUT! (Over simple USB plug and chat apps can see it)

3.)REAL TIME VIDEO CAPTURE (Again via usb and quicktime so I can synch audio to video in ONE STEP!)

4.)COSTS $250 US!. Wow!

I had been using a SONY HD HANDY CAM via FIREWIRE. But only NON HD works well via firewire as HDV introduces lag. Meh. Next!

So before anyone gets in a tizzy about how much "Better" the DSLR is, I thought I'd admit that YES DSLR IS BETTER! In very many important ways. BUt that for me and my workflow, I didn't like it. It really comes down to that. So again my dislike of the word "BEST" in common use shows up yet again. It's a failing of language. There is no "BEST" anything I"m convinced.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 14 2012, 01:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:25 PM