Metronome
Outlaw2112
Jan 29 2008, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
Hey, ive been trying to use the metronome and have gone over your lessons on it... I dont seem to be getting it.. Could you possibly make some more lessons on using the metronome.. Maybe some scale runs that sound cool and are fun to practice.. Or a some nasty sounding rhythm lessons using the metronome... It would help out alot..
Also I wanted to say that i love the site, and youre doing a great job with it..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kahall
Feb 16 2008, 03:59 AM
Learning Roadie
I see this question asked often here and I to struggled (still do a little) with the metronome. My feelings are if a person has never had any professional training at all in music (like me) it can be tough for a new guitar player to understand even if you have an awesome explanation as in the vids by Kris.
I had the hardest time trying to count and play at the same time and never new if I was really doing it right or keeping the proper time. Eventually I just put trying to do it exactly right out of my mind, but I always left the metronome on, sometimes speeding up the clicks and just picking to them exactly as they clicked, sometimes I would set it to the proper bpm sometimes not, but I always had/have it on even if I can barely hear it. I still do this but have noticed lately it has become easier to use it correctly, and even play 16ths properly, it just happened one day. You just get used to it over time and start to understand how it can really improve your playing. I do recommend at least trying to use it the way Kris shows us all in the lessons from the start since you might actually get it sooner rather than later, but for me it just took a long time..about 8 months of playing everyday for 2 hours...then BAM it was caught in the steel trap that is my mind. In summary, just keep the metronome on, even if it does not make sense and it eventually will.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:35 PM