A Little Solo I Made., Fast blues/rock
Robin
Sep 4 2007, 06:04 AM
GMC:er
I recorded this 10min ago with a video camera, so the sound quality is not good.

I know the guitar might be a little out of tune, out of rythm etc. etc. tongue.gif but what the heck biggrin.gif I just didnt want to do like a hundred takes to make it perfect tongue.gif

All the instruments in the backing tracks are played manually by me, its actually a song I made.

Tell me what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  robin_solo.wma ( 973.62K ) Number of downloads: 259

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 4 2007, 06:08 AM
Thats awesome dude!
Good work! really nice solo!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 4 2007, 06:09 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Yeah, liked it a lot - wish I could have heard a HiFi version - nice riffing dude!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 4 2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks guys.

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 4 2007, 05:09 AM) *
Yeah, liked it a lot - wish I could have heard a HiFi version - nice riffing dude!

As soon as I get my computer/recording gear back I'm gonna show you guys the whole thing with vocals and everything. And not recorded with a video camera biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 4 2007, 06:19 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 4 2007, 01:10 AM) *
Thanks guys.
As soon as I get my computer/recording gear back I'm gonna show you guys the whole thing with vocals and everything. And not recorded with a video camera biggrin.gif

Cool - sitting on the edge of my seat smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 4 2007, 06:24 AM
Very cool Robin smile.gif
Did you make up all the background music as well?You did a very good job.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 4 2007, 06:25 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 4 2007, 05:24 AM) *
Very cool Robin smile.gif
Did you make up all the background music as well?You did a very good job.

Thank you very much biggrin.gif Yes, of course I made it myself smile.gif I dont steal! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Sep 4 2007, 08:15 AM
Brings back memories of Free Bird.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 4 2007, 08:20 AM
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Sep 4 2007, 07:15 AM) *
Brings back memories of Free Bird.

Haha, two people have told me that so far.

Funny thing... Becuase I dont really listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd, and I've only heard Free Bird once, and I'm listening to it again now, LOL! I use the same god damn licks, hahahah funny biggrin.gif Also I noticed other licks in the Free Bird solo that I often use, but did not use in this one. Funny coincidence! biggrin.gif

Edit: Lol, same chord progression aswell, more or less, haha.

This post has been edited by Robin: Sep 4 2007, 08:28 AM

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Sep 4 2007, 08:36 AM
The same lick played by 2 different guitarists is 2 different licks. How they are used in the context of a solo defines their individuality and I think yours sound fluid and original. I'm looking forward to the full recording.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:58 AM