2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Shred Guitars
skennington
Jan 27 2008, 05:13 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Korean lutherers, I'd be hesitant. I've played and own a Korean Jackson's and the quality is definitely not that of a MIJ guitar. The USA models are top notch and you will pay for it. Can't speak on other MFG but they are the same people building them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 27 2008, 05:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 26 2008, 04:13 PM) *
Korean lutherers, I'd be hesitant. I've played and own a Korean Jackson's and the quality is definitely not that of a MIJ guitar. The USA models are top notch and you will pay for it. Can't speak on other MFG but they are the same people building them.

Yeah I know. Thats why I tend to do usa, japan or sometimes mexico guitars.

On another note, I'm also interested in a carvin DC127, supposed to be really good and looks nice. The price says its a direct discount and on sale for $779, which seems really good. When I do carvins guitar builder for the dc127, with everything stock it comes out something like $1138, something seems off, either the builder or the website huh.gif anyone know whats up? I'll probably email them about it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 17 2008, 12:46 AM
Instructor
I've got a SLSMG. It's one of the best guitars i've had, and i've had guitars which is considered way more "high-end" than the Jackson.
The neck feels absolutely perfect (atleast to me). The guitar itself might feel a bit too light at first, but after a day your used to it.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Feb 17 2008, 12:48 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 17 2008, 12:58 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 27 2008, 12:58 AM) *
Edit: you can get it in black as well!

Bloody Goth laugh.gif j/k

Id look at Dean guitars, ive heard that Dean Cadillacs are awsome guitars, maybe not your cup of tea, but its gunna be my next bought guitar wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 17 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 16 2008, 06:46 PM) *
I've got a SLSMG. It's one of the best guitars i've had, and i've had guitars which is considered way more "high-end" than the Jackson.
The neck feels absolutely perfect (atleast to me). The guitar itself might feel a bit too light at first, but after a day your used to it.

Welcome to the site Trond. I'm lookinig forward to your lessons. I'm sure JVM will chime in soon and let you guys know what he bought. If youd like, go over to recording and look for his thread there.

By the way, that avatar looks veeerrrry painful! ohmy.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 17 2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fen...itar?sku=511145

I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and an Ibanez guitar have played Dean, Jackson, other Ibanezes, and Gibsons. None of them play as good as my $300 Mexican strat. For me, the neck is the most comfortable guitar neck to play on. I don't see why anyone would want anything else besides Fender TBH. I can't wait to upgrade to a real Strat in a few years. I can play 16th notes on it at 160 BPM, so I don't see how certain guitars "can't" shred. They all have the same potential in that field for me. And the tone is great for all styles,

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Feb 17 2008, 01:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 09:31 AM
Instructor
How about this guitar ?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 17 2008, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 17 2008, 09:31 AM) *
How about this guitar ?

Is that the Kiko Loureio model?

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 01:27 PM
Instructor
yeah it is !!! wink.gif I love this guitar, and kiko, of course !!!! 27 frets wink.gif
It's a TAGINA (model K1 ...I think... )

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 17 2008, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Man it must be hard playing up at the 27th fret blink.gif

But anyway, I ended up buying a les paul laugh.gif Eventually I would like to own a strat as well, but also probably one of these guitars listed here.. probably the jackson, thanks for the tip Trond.

All of this will come in time! laugh.gif Next though is a better amp. My fender sounds gorgeous but it gets way too noisy when turning the drive up. I have other threads for that though unsure.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 17 2008, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 17 2008, 08:31 AM) *
How about this guitar ?

Haha recognized it instantly, Kiko Loureiro, what an amazing guitarist

Dont mind his guitar either wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 06:21 PM
Instructor
It's an incredible musician and I love his guitar !!! hehehe, it's really beatifull smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:59 PM