Korg Px5d
lliber
Aug 27 2008, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
has anyone got a korg PX5D if so what is it like ,pros and cons
thanks in advance
steve

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 27 2008, 06:10 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (lliber @ Aug 27 2008, 05:57 PM) *
has anyone got a korg PX5D if so what is it like ,pros and cons
thanks in advance
steve

Hey steve,

Pros:
USB audio interface (connect straight to your recording software via usb, no other units needed)
Packed with features: metronome, tuner, backing loops (not great quality), many choices for amps, cabs, effects etc.
Some very cool tones can be dialed in (once you spend alot of time playing with it, dont expect miracles on day one)
Very very portable, this thing is almost pocket size (pocket size if you have big jeans biggrin.gif )
Can run off battery or be powered off USB (or from AC adapter, sold seperatley)
Comes with software- you have the choice of editing patches by your pc when it is connected to the px5d
Reliable- built like a house. Has been dropped many times (oops) and is scratchless.

Cons:
Will take a few weeks until your really really comfortable with all its features, user interface etc
Most of the preloaded sounds just don't cut it (for me anyway, wasn't impress, also i know others from GMC felt this way) This is a big downer unfortunately. There are some cool ones in there though.
Footswitch and AC adapter are sold seperately dry.gif (though they're not essential i guess)

More here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rg_Pandora_PX5D
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...ora_PX5D_Review

If you get it, read the manual!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lliber
Aug 27 2008, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 27 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Hey steve,

Pros:
USB audio interface (connect straight to your recording software via usb, no other units needed)
Packed with features: metronome, tuner, backing loops (not great quality), many choices for amps, cabs, effects etc.
Some very cool tones can be dialed in (once you spend alot of time playing with it, dont expect miracles on day one)
Very very portable, this thing is almost pocket size (pocket size if you have big jeans biggrin.gif )
Can run off battery or be powered off USB (or from AC adapter, sold seperatley)
Comes with software- you have the choice of editing patches by your pc when it is connected to the px5d
Reliable- built like a house. Has been dropped many times (oops) and is scratchless.

Cons:
Will take a few weeks until your really really comfortable with all its features, user interface etc
Most of the preloaded sounds just don't cut it (for me anyway, wasn't impress, also i know others from GMC felt this way) This is a big downer unfortunately. There are some cool ones in there though.
Footswitch and AC adapter are sold seperately dry.gif (though they're not essential i guess)

More here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rg_Pandora_PX5D
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...ora_PX5D_Review

If you get it, read the manual!

THANKS FOR THAT NICE QUICK REPLY

CHEERS
STEVE

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 10 2008, 03:48 AM
I just got one of these and I love it. The sound quality is simply amazing, and as was stated above, the USB connection allows you to record directly to your DAW of choice, also, it can be used as a standalone USB audio interface for other equipment if desired.

Korg provides software to download on their website for a Patch Editor/Librarian which makes fine tuning your patches very easy since you can see things in an analog (dial type) configuration. They also provide a program that lets you change out the 3 demo songs on the unit to whatever you want.

All the software is PC/Mac compatible and works very well.

One thing maybe not as good as the P4, which had the jacks on the bottom and a belt clip so you could use it live if desired. With the P5 it's horizontal and the jacks are on top. That's a very small complaint!

They even provide a very funky cable to use 2 footswitches with it.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 10 2008, 11:40 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Be sure to check the extra 100 presets included with the free Korg downloadable Patch Editor/Librarian.

As a matter of fact I use it all the time, it's great to tweak everything on screen like I used to do with Gearbox & Toneport.

Definitely worth it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 11 2008, 08:03 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Sep 10 2008, 03:40 AM) *
Be sure to check the extra 100 presets included with the free Korg downloadable Patch Editor/Librarian.

As a matter of fact I use it all the time, it's great to tweak everything on screen like I used to do with Gearbox & Toneport.

Definitely worth it.

Dang, I totally missed it that I got that file! Now I have to go through another hundred! DOH! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:31 AM