> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Chris S.'s Music Theory Journey, for Gab's Army
Chris S.
Oct 12 2017, 01:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab - update time!

So I ended up finishing the Marilyn Manson cover a few days after I posted about it, I was in a rush to get it done before school started back up. It's not perfect but I am happy with it still.

Also, I have a cover done for Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking Not for Burning. Just waiting for a buddy of mine to do bass for it so stay tuned for that!

And I've always loved John 5 - especially the song Damaged but I always felt I was never good enough to tackle it (still kind of do) - the intro is definitely going to take a lot of work but for only a weeks worth of practice this is where I am at and I am pretty happy with it, what do you think? (I excluded the crazy intro to avoid embarrassing myself)

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I got a new guitar - A Michael Kelly Patriot Premium with EMGs :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Oct 12 2017, 01:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2017, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Hi Chris!! Nice to hear from you!!

I think that I've already said that I love that Manson's song! And you did a great job with this cover. I've enjoyed your version while singing the vocals over your lead guitar. Well done my friend.

And that John 5's teaser!! It's a bomb! I don't think that you are not at that level, the preview sounds very promising. Can't wait for the full track!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Oct 24 2017, 03:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the confidence Gab! Damaged is going to take a while to get down so I've been doing some small covers in between.

Cover numero uno is Stay Loud! - Drifting:

My good pal Carl is the bassist/founder of this local pop/punk alternative band. I really dig their work and the cool thing about this cover is I actually tabbed it out 100% by ear which is something I have never done before. I know it's a pretty straightforward song but I was still surprised that I was actually able to do it. cool.gif

Cover #2 is Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking Not for Burning featuring Carl (from Stay Loud) on bass:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2017, 02:00 AM
Instructor
Hey Chris! Great job with both covers! I'm enjoying that song by your friend's band. It sounds cool, catchy but deep punk rock, with some modern feel.

Your playing is very precise on both videos, and the tone is very powerful. Good job!

Based on this videos, I would really like to see you rocking some of my GMC lessons. Have you seen the Metalcore series? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonseries/Metalcore/

and there are also many modern punk rock ones...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Oct 30 2017, 12:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab! I really dig the Bring Me the Horizon lesson that djenty riff is killer! I'll start working on that in conjunction with the John 5 Damaged cover that will take me a while to complete.

Speaking of John 5 Damaged this is the second part:

Biggest part of this one is the tapping - especially trying to eliminate the string noise as I am having a hard time muting everything except the one string I am pick tapping on.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2017, 03:11 AM
Instructor
Wou! That's sounding really well Chris!! You are doing a great job with that cover.

And regarding my BMTH lesson, I would be proud if I find your take at REC!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 1 2018, 11:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab I've been a busy little bee these past few weeks - you know me I'm always all over the place haha!

I just wanted to leave this little snippet here for you to see what you think cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2018, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! That's promising!! Tell me more! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 3 2018, 04:19 AM
Learning Roadie
That is a sneak peak of my latest tune "Haunting Me" that I am in the process of finishing the mix/master so expect to hear it soon! biggrin.gif

I don't know if you remember my song Forever that you helped me develop some time ago - it was a love song for my now ex-girlfriend. I decided to write a breakup song and it features the same singer who did Forever (this track shows his diversity! haha)

I basically wanted to channel that negative energy after a breakup into song form. The whole relationship didn't work out, and you're better off without that person (I don't need you) but part of you still denies that fact (but I want you) kind of vibe.

The vocalists name is Max, he did some of the vocals for the Guitar Hero games which is pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited for this one!

wink.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jan 3 2018, 04:22 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2018, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, I'm sorry about the break up, but from what you said, it was the best option. It's good to convert this feeling into music. That's when the deepest songs appear. I remember that old song, isn't it the one that was played always after every new song that I heard at soundcloud?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 4 2018, 05:39 PM
Learning Roadie
It's all good, happens to everyone.

Here's the finished product biggrin.gif

this was forever (I think I've come a long way with mixing since then haha):

http://www.soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/forever

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2018, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Hey Chris! Great job with the new song. It has a very dark vibe, and reminds me a bit to A Perfect Circle, and some other alternative industrial bands. I'd love to hear this one with more production since it deserves really big drums and bass.

Have you listened to new APC songs? I think that you'll get some inspiration from it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 5 2018, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2018, 02:42 PM) *
Hey Chris! Great job with the new song. It has a very dark vibe, and reminds me a bit to A Perfect Circle, and some other alternative industrial bands. I'd love to hear this one with more production since it deserves really big drums and bass.

Have you listened to new APC songs? I think that you'll get some inspiration from it.

Stabbing Westward is one of my biggest influences - I wanted to do a song without synths though since most of my music features them pretty regularly.

The only APC song I've heard is The Doomed but I really dig the tune. When you say bigger do you mean louder?

Thanks man smile.gif

EDIT:

I've decided to go with your Escape the Fate II instead - just started it

Attached File  Intro.mp3 ( 945.92K ) Number of downloads: 43

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jan 5 2018, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2018, 03:05 PM
Instructor
By bigger, I reffer to a combination of EQ, drum type, and reverb effect. This song has "big drums":

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 9 2018, 12:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab, I'll have to check out some mixing videos on how to make drums sound bigger.

What do you think of my progress for your Escape The Fate lesson?

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/intro1

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jan 9 2018, 12:02 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2018, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Yeah, if you use google you'll find many articles like this one:

https://theproaudiofiles.com/how-to-get-a-huge-drum-sound/

I'm sure that there is great stuff at youtube too.

The lesson is going great. I don't now any issue to fix on this take. Keep going.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 10 2018, 12:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab!

I signed up for Dueling Mixes - it's a sister site to Recording Revolution, each month you get to watch two engineers mix a song from scratch, and then you get to download the RAW files and mix it yourself, so I am hoping to learn a lot over the next few months!

I will continue with the next part of the lesson, I plan on going through your In The Style Of lessons one by one to hopefully become a better rhythm player, and hopefully help me create more interesting rhythm work for the music I work on.

If I can one day be HALF as good as you, I'll be happy biggrin.gif

PS. Hows the band doing these days? cool.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jan 10 2018, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2018, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris! Great stuff here!

I'll check those sites since I'm always trying to become better at mixing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Regarding working on my in the style of lessons, it's a great idea! You'll become better at rhythm and you'll incorporate lots of tools for arranging songs. Go for them!

And about my band, we are preparing everything to start with the new albums gigs and tours. We'll have a busy year starting on February. We have 10 more free days and then we start again with rehearsals.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 16 2018, 03:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Glad to hear the band is doing well, mate! biggrin.gif

For the lesson, here is my latest progress:

http://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/gmc-escape-the-fate-lesson-halfway

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2018, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, that take is perfect. There is nothing to fix there, great job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:01 PM