> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Simple A minor Soloing, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

BrentThomason
Apr 10 2022, 01:25 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Simple A minor Soloing by Darius Wave

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 10 2022, 09:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Shredhead!

You chose a really great lesson, but even if it seems a simple one, it requires a lot of control.
This lesson contains a lot of details (related to dynamics, articulation, ornaments, etc.) but to be able to add them to your playing, you need first to work and fix some of the main techniques.

Rhythm - try to analyze this lesson more from the rhythmical point of view. You have many spots where you played rhythmically different than is played in the original lesson (the first example is 0:10 -0:14).

Bending technique - would be a good thing if you would add a little more practice for your bends.
- some of them are out of pitch
- 0:10; 0:25 - be careful at this type of bends. After you reach the purpose note, don't let the release of the bend be audible.
- 0:18 - please review the tab here. You should play this bend two times. After you play the first bend from D to E and you add the G note (from the B string), you need to play the bend from D to E again.

Vibrato - This technique needs more work. Take a look at the type of vibrato made by the instructor (how long, how wide and how fast it is) and try to emulate it. The easier way to do this is by counting the number of pulsations.
1:01 -try to avoid making such fast vibrato because it doesn't sound good at all.

As overall advice, please review the tab and also the slow videos from the lesson. You tend to add or skip some notes (0:25 - 0:31 is the perfect example).

You have a good start, but unfortunately, today you will get a 5 from me. I'm sure if you will work at all the things that I pointed out you will pass this lesson.

Keep up your great work! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2022, 10:24 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome to see a first REC take from you Shredhead! 🤩 And what an awesome studio setup you have got there.

Monica has laid out the details for us and I would just like to clarify that even though there are several needed improvements here - this is still an amazing first REC take. You have taken the step to start sharing your progress here and even though it can feel a bit scary - it is the absolute smartest thing you can do for fast progress. Well done! 😎👊

With this take you have shown us that you nail the basic structure and rhythm of the lesson.

You are now ready to take the next step and start working on the details and consistency. When you look at each "micro technique" individually they might seem like small things, but when you put them together - that's when magic happens and you take and important step towards sounding like a pro.

Keep up the great work - I am super excited to follow your progress man ❤️

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2022, 10:33 PM
GMC:er
I just wrote my entire reply for this REC and then I got that CAPTCHA pop up and now my entire review will need to be written again. Hmm.

Well, anyhoo, I'm Todd and I wanted to congratulate you on learning this entire piece and being able to play it back in one take without making huge mistakes and without letting "red camera syndrome" ruin you take. This is a longer piece and you made it all the way through and played with conviction. Nice!!

I wont reiterate everything that has been said before and I must say Monica's analysis was indeed spot on. I will join her in saying that your bending to pitch does need a bit more work. one trick is to use a guitar tuner during your take to provide a visual reference for which note your trying to hit. Eventually, your ears will take over for your eyes and you won't need the tuner.

Your palm muting is solid and I don't hear any string noise happening so well done there. Also your overall technique is solid, it's just that a collection of smaller issues is preventing me from giving you a higher score For now it's a solid 6 from me. Keep practicing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2022, 01:31 AM
Instructor
Hello Shredhead!

I think this lesson is a great choice for you since it will make you work on very important elements such as rhythm, bending, intonation and vibrato.

Each of these 4 elements requires your analysis and focus to improve your overall performance.

Regarding the beat, there are times when you use a different beat (00:04), while there are times when it is not only different but also sounds out of tempo relative to the backing track (00:08). The best you can do is compare your solo to the lesson and identify these moments and then work through them one at a time.

As for intonation and bending, I think this is the aspect you need to work on the most. Most stretches don't hit the right note and there are times when notes sound out of tune. The latter can be due to the amount of pressure you apply when playing or also due to calibration problems with the guitar. This problem becomes more noticeable from 00:33 when you start playing melodies in the highest register of the guitar.

Regarding your bending technique, I recommend you check this lesson in which I pass some exercises that you can do daily to improve in this technique.

Finally, once you're comfortable with the above elements, it's time to work on your vibrato. For that you have to focus only on this technique and work every day following the advice in this lesson.

Any questions or queries you can write me a private message or join my mentoring program!

Greetings!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 11 2022, 01:34 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 29 2022, 11:17 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.25

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:03 AM