> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Dream Theater vs Led Zeppelin, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

BenF
May 1 2022, 07:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Dream Theater vs Led Zeppelin by Guido Bungenstock

Still some sloppy moments but now already at coorect tempo

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=62906

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 2 2022, 11:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi again!

Comparing with your first take, I can definitely see some improvements. It's great that you achieved the correct tempo. But....I think you need an additional work to be able to play this lesson.

0:17 - review the tab because you skip some notes from the E lower string. Also, be careful how this lick is played from the rhythmical point of view.

0:18 - you failed this part because instead of playing that ornament using a pull off (like in the lesson) you tried to make a slide there.

0:27 - 0:52 - at this moment you can't manage this part at full speed. I recommend you to practice this part at a slower tempo. Don't increase the speed until you don't correct all the mistakes. The problem is not only because of the timing issues. You have moments when you play rhythmically different than Guido. Also, you still don't make well the separation between the bass notes and the chords.

Take care about the string noises. You need to achieve a better control because in your take the noise is huge.

Look, if you want my honest opinion, I think this lesson is not the best choice for you at this moment. You made the same kind of mistakes on both: normal and slower tempo. To be able to play these kinds of heavy riffs correctly, I think an easier lesson based on this technique will suit you better and will cover some steps that you skipped.

Keep up the great work! You get a 5 from me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
May 2 2022, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Thx for covering my lesson! ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 2 2022, 09:24 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Ben,

The main issue here is that the tempo of this lesson is still quite above your comfort speed.

I think you are aware of this and it feels like you got tense right from the beginning even though the intro part probably is not too fast for you.

In general practicing and playing at a tempo that is too fast for your does more damage than good. Typically this causes your mind and body to tense up in order to "achieve the impossible" and this results in poor execution and lack of self confidence (which is probably what we notice in the beginning).

The thing is that you already have great & musical chops - so my recommendation is that you should stay within your comfort zone and have it grow on you naturally. You will then blow us away here and you won't risk consolidating any bad habits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2022, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hello Benf!

I think this lesson has several advanced elements that will need more time to practice, and that you combine them with some complementary exercises, or that you isolate them and practice them at a slower speed to adjust your technique and minimize movements.

Beyond that in general you are playing with the correct rhythm, there are several moments in which it is noticed that the tempo of the song requires you to be like running all the time behind the beat.

Regarding the technique, the main thing that you need to work is Alternate Picking. This technique has synchro problems when you have to play at high speeds like the ones required in this lesson.

In summary, I recommend that you practice at a slower tempo, isolate the more complex parts, and complement this work with other Alternate Picking lessons.

Best,

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 3 2022, 01:54 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 21 2022, 12:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 4.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:52 PM