> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Etude, Lesson By Laszlo Boross
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

ElChals
May 26 2022, 10:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Neoclassical Etude by Laszlo Boross

This one has taken me many days of practice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 26 2022, 03:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi again Carlos!

Well done! It's obvious that you are comfortable with this type of neoclassical playing.

You have just tiny moments when you slip a little the timing. As example: 0:15 - 0:18. The good thing is that you start and end on the right beat. The notes between aren't played with a precise timing.

0:14 - the last sweep can be played a little more clearer.

0:16 - you added a note. Before playing the D note on B string, you touch the G note on the E string.

Other than these little details, I don't see/hear anything serious. You get an 8 from me.

Keep up your amazing work! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2022, 02:46 AM
GMC:er
Impressive!!!! I must say I am seriously digging your playing on this. Monica has some very good points as always so i wont repeat what she's already said.

I do want to mention how good your pinky control is on this. There is a lot of very tricky playing in this piece and it combines a ton of techniques in to one short bit of music. If your technique on any single bit is not up to form, the entire piece would fall apart. The good news is your technique is very solid.

Your timing is good despite the fact that the timing is not always straight forward. the piece breathes and you breathe with it which is great to see. You never let it get ahead of you which is also a good thing as fast pieces tend to run ahead if a player is not ready for them.

One thing I did notice is that your thumb is creeping over the top a bit in some passages and this isn't "wrong", as there are no rules in guitar, since it's not a card game. It's just that this hand position can feel odd if you are playing standing up and your hand position has to change a bit. Also, some licks benefit from the thumb being placed in the middle on the back of the neck. Just something to keep in mind. As it stands, it doesn't get in you way in this vid at all.

You nailed it and it's a solid 8 from me!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 29 2022, 10:37 AM
GMC Founder
Hi Elchals - awesome to see a new take from you.

Your playing is promising as always!

I don't quite agree with Todd and Monica here as I think the tempo of this piece is still a tad too fast for you.

As an example almost every wide stretch pinky drill you do on the high e string is sloppy.

Most likely all you need to do is spend more time practicing this at a slower tempo, since I don't really see any major technique issues (it's just a little too fast for you).

However, you should be careful and not practice at this tempo when you are not ready for it, as this will consolidate bad habits/sloppiness into your playing. This can be hard to get rid off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2022, 07:16 AM
Instructor
Hello again!

I join Kris here.

The lesson doesn't sound clean and tight, you sound more like you're running behind the tempo. Don't get me wrong, your technique is very good, it's clear you'll master this lesson soon, but right now I think it would be best if you used two ways of practicing:

- play the whole lesson at a slow tempo where you can play it perfectly, and gradually increase it.

- Practice in small blocks and connect them little by little.

You can probably practice the blocks almost at normal tempo, so it's good to use both techniques.

This chart describes these techniques. I highly recommend the book it comes from.

Attached Image

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 23 2022, 09:21 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:56 PM