Recording Interfaces
JesseJ
Jul 12 2012, 01:32 PM
GMC:er
Okay so Todd has been helping me get setup for my own little home studio so I can record better. The only thing that I am not sure about is what recording interface to get ? originally I thought that I wanted 4 inputs so I record a bunch of stuff like my sisters piano a vocal line and 2 guitar amps. But now that I think about it couldn't I just record the tracks 1 at a time ? Currently I am leaning towards the M-Audio Fast track C400 or C600. I would love to know what recording interfaces you guys use! Any tips would be much appreciated smile.gif

Jesse

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Blister
Jul 13 2012, 02:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 12 2012, 08:30 PM) *
Those look very nice as well ! There is so many company's out there who knows what to buy ? haha time to start reading some reviews wink.gif

You're right, there are alot of companies selling interfaces & it will pay to do your research. Some factors to consider:
1. How much do you want to spend?
2. You also noted already, recording one track at a time or multiple tracks in one session. Will you be needing to record some or all of the tracks in one session?
3. What are your future goals with the device? A little thought now could save you some money down the road.
4. I didn't even consider the KB37 like Derper's when I was looking but that brings up a good point, whether you see yourself needing a Midi Controller in the near future.(But then again, I needed to be cheap wink.gif )

I have the Line 6 UX1. It has an xlr & 1/4" plug & has worked great for me. I have also been pleased with the Pod Farm Amp Modeling that came with it. Decent sound with no hiss or hum. I knew I would only be recording one track at a time & also wanted a mic input in case I decided to do vocals in the future.

For basic interface needs, though, I think most of the products out there will work fine. I'm looking forward to hearing what you get! smile.gif

Don't forget you are going to need a decent webcam, too!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:38 PM