Help Programming Drums
tomrip
Oct 25 2011, 02:46 AM
GMC:er
i need help programing drums. i have easy drummer as well as addictive. i have bought tons of midi packs, but my riffs never fit to these prerecorded. maybe should listen to a drum track i like, then write sad.gif Back to point, i want to write a riff to a click track then go back and program drums, but i am confused at how you guys do this i have watched some videos but they are always basic beats. how do you program the triplets and double bass to make it sound good. i would love videos to show by example if anyone has them. thanks so much.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2011, 05:50 AM
Instructor
What daw do you use?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
tomrip
Oct 25 2011, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 25 2011, 04:50 AM) *
What daw do you use?

I have reaper. i also have nuendo, but i have stuck more with reaper.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2011, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Hey man, to continue our discussion, I was curious to ask (so that we may see how your writing process occurs) how do you write the drums at this point when having a riff?

Here's how I'm doing it:

- record the riff with a click while tying to play it as accurate and tight as possible - clean playing helps out a lot in hearing formulas and various accents!

- think on what kind of feel should I give to that riff - I could give it a half time feel maybe.

- place the kick drums and snares

- find the important accents of the groove and highlight them with cymbals

- come up with interesting breaks and fills in respect to the riff

- take a look at it once more and see if any better ideas arise from writing the drums.

- I erase the initial guitar recording and do it once more having the drums behind for increased balance

- polish up things by humanizing the drum groove - working with velocities so that it may acquire dynamics!

These are the main steps I take when dealing with this - hope it helps!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:40 AM