Ultra Beatdown
shellshock1911
Aug 27 2008, 03:01 AM
GMC:er
So yea, I got the new Dragonforce album that came out today, called Ultra Beatdown. I highly recommend it so far based on what I have heard. I'm sure many of you have heard the epic song "Heroes of Our Time," the single released a month ago or so. I agree that this song sounded like typical Dragonforce, but so far, this is the ONLY song the album I have heard that sounds typical.

The vocals in this album are definately a new thing for Dragonforce. I can't really describe it, but he employs a lot of Symphony X/Progressive style vocals, and also 80's hair metal influence; instead of just the original epic singing style. As far as guitars go, yea some soloes sound typical, but are still great IMO. But also in one of the songs there was like a Middle-Eastern oriented solo and I really liked it.

I have only heard songs 1-3 so far, and only 2 and 3 one time, but so far I like the new direction Dragonforce is going. Anyone else have opinions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:56 PM