2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Is Ear Training Important?
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 19 2014, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Ken is definitely a man that has the means to offer his kid the right musical environment in order to give him a chance for a harmonious development.

I was thinking about this a lot of times - how will I offer my kids the opportunity to become interested in music? Well, I think that being exposed to it from an early age would be a great start!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 19 2014, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
I didn't 'try' to do anything. Just have music in the house. Any music. IMO, it's really all you can do initially.

I know parents who only play Mozart to their baby ... yeah, yeah - whatever. That alone will not turn him or her into either Mozart or necessarily even an appreciator of 'classical' music. That alone will not make your baby smarter or appreciative of the arts. It doesn't matter what they hear.

It's funny, I play in the house what 'I' want to hear and so does my wife. And yeah, he does seem to like some rock, jazz and classical music but all he has to do is hear that awful POS from 'Frozen' (let it go) at school one time and he's singing it all friggin' day long ... like every other kid under 10 ys old in the States.

He also sees/hears me playing guitar everyday and so far has absolutely no desire to do it - ?
My father was a musician. I didn't want to play anything until I was 8. I didn't get serious at all until I was 13 or 14.
We'll see.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 19 2014, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2014, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Only time will tell - indeed smile.gif Now, I have no experience as a parent, because I don't have kids biggrin.gif But I definitely want kids, so I'm slowly learning from simply listening and thinking about various situations that other folks are put in. Related to what you said - when I was in the 5th grade, I told my music teacher in the school class that I don't like music tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:15 PM