John Petrucci
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 02:48 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmq2C5kLoM...ted&search=

not terribly crazy but it should get you guys talkin'

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 25 2007, 03:34 AM
My Idol right there.. he got rid of his hair tho sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2007, 05:10 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Petruccis accuracy is just amazing, cant wait till i get there someday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 25 2007, 05:27 PM
He s my favorite guitarist,he made start to play! smile.gif
Im gonna see him wednesday!!!
Btw, under a glass moon is one of my favorites dream theater s songs!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 26 2007, 06:27 AM
yea same to me to man. Petrucci made me want to pick up the guitar. Is it just me or has he been gaining some arm muscles

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 26 2007, 09:04 AM
Instructor
No it's not just you. He really did pumped some muscles over the last couple of years!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Chooch
Jun 26 2007, 12:12 PM
He's built like a damn tank nowadays.

If you compare his Rock Discipline days, to now, it's such a change, it's almost hilarious.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2007, 02:26 PM
Instructor
That's true... He improved his style a lot. I could see a similar improvement in Steve Vai's playing. If you listen to his first album and then you listen to Ultra Zone is incredible the difference.
I like Petrucci's compositions and his nice melodies. One of my favourite solos is in "The Spirit Carries On " (Scenes from a memory). He mixes feeling and speed in the perfect quantities.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 26 2007, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2007, 08:26 AM) *
That's true... He improved his style a lot. I could see a similar improvement in Steve Vai's playing. If you listen to his first album and then you listen to Ultra Zone is incredible the difference.
I like Petrucci's compositions and his nice melodies. One of my favourite solos is in "The Spirit Carries On " (Scenes from a memory). He mixes feeling and speed in the perfect quantities.

Amen.

This song gives me chills every time I listen to it and I'm currently trying to learn it (well, the solo. the other parts are easy peasy wink.gif)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2007, 02:14 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
On there new CD, "In The Presence Of Enemies Part One", the first solo gives me chills, its just amazing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
spiritualeclipse
Jul 13 2007, 11:35 AM
John Petrucci's live rig. He has such an amazing setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs

+Quote Post
Xin
Jul 28 2007, 07:57 PM
I saw Dream Theater on Wednesday at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix. Awesome show and a good venue with an awesome sound system. I was very disappointed they did not play Forsaken off the new album. It must be tough to be a singer in a band with musicians like that since the focus is clearly on them! I am a guitarist but Mike Portnoy just rocks on drums. His drum kit is one of the most impressive that I have seen on any stage. A double bass kit and a totally separate single bass kit. Of course, Mike Petrucci impressive as always. He always seemed a little too technical to me and not enough feeling but I really like the new album.

--------------------
XIN

Guitars:
1987 Japanese Strat bought in Okinawa, Japan - Floyd Rose
2006 - 30th Anniversary Schecter C-1
2006 - Ovation Balladeer
2007 - ESP Stephen Carpenter SC-607B 7-String Baritone

Amps:
2003 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto half stack
2006 Marshall AS100D acoustic amp

Effects:
Line6 PodXtLive

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 29 2007, 07:18 PM
No big fan of petrucci here. Rather listen to shawn lane or michael angelo. smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 29 2007, 07:22 PM
man I dont like his tone when hes using Musicman OLP. I love his tone when his using Ibanez

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 29 2007, 07:41 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Xin @ Jul 28 2007, 08:57 PM) *
It must be tough to be a singer in a band with musicians like that since the focus is clearly on them!

Back in the 70s there was a short lived supergroup called UK, formed initially by Eddie Jobson. Line up was Allan Holdsworth (guitar), Bill Brufford (drums), John Wetton (vocals/bass) and Eddie Jobson (keyboards).

Story goes that Brufford and Holdsworth were pretty much sacked because the singer and keyboard player got annoyed that the drummer and guitar player constantly got all the attention. Brufford and Holdsworth ironically see themselves as musicians first and foremost and unlike Jobson weren't after adulation and recognition.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 29 2007, 07:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Xin @ Jul 28 2007, 08:57 PM) *
Mike Petrucci

Is that John's brother?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry, just kidding! I know you meant to say John.

And yes his tone definitely changed after going on MusicMan and getting a new rig.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 29 2007, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 25 2007, 12:10 PM) *
Petruccis accuracy is just amazing, cant wait till i get there someday smile.gif

One of my favorite guitarists...but I on't think that solo is fair to his skills. Check out the solo to As I Am or the begining to This Dying Soul, or ANYTHING off his solo records, that technique and consistency just blows my mind. You can see in the originall video those taps he was doing at the end were were quintuplets wich is how gets that weird, off beat, computer kinda sound. I know he does that in Dying Soul I was like "how the hell did he do that?!"

Great Guitarist smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 14 2007, 06:24 PM
Instructor
He's a great guitar player.
I met him in Milan, Italy (2004) after Dream Theater's gig.
All the members are very friendly..
I got some autographs!!

Favourite songs/solos:

Another day (Images and words)
Home (Metropolis part II)
Lifting shadows off a dream (Awake)

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 14 2007, 06:43 PM
Get to da Chopper!
He truly is a god amongst tiny ants. Him and Gilbert are my top 2. They make me in awe whatever they play...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:07 PM