Practicing, Leanring, And Understanding What Im Doing, in a bit of a rut
dcz702
May 14 2014, 09:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i would like help from our instructors, i feel i need more direction in composing, curently i can put chords together and create a melody, and simple solos, over my progression and simple leads. i have been practicing scales and learning to use different chords away from the typical major and minor chords (adding the 9th, 7th, and suspended) im having problems trying to find the right place to use these, alond with diminished chords, for the week to come i have set a plan to try to learn my triads memorize triads all over the fretboard.
i want to become fluid at writing unique tunes away from typical progressions, i want to be more colorful .i want to be able to move from lead to rythym back to lead creating melodies in between chords, or creating rythym using melodies, i dont know if im making scence right now tongue.gif think bands like atreyu and avenge sevenfold and killswitch engage, and in flames, and how guitarist like hendrix and philip sayce are able to break away from the typical mold of chord bashing and then adding the typical penatonic solo. i want direction to hopefully become as unique as i could be and i need help understanding how to put these together.
im studing therory but need help putting this togther, as im starting to feel im buried in books and im just kind of like, how the hell do i use this? cosmin or gabe can we tackle this and start i menor thread and start out basic and slow, do you have any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:11 AM