2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Video That Will Keep You Laughing Till The End, Does anyone know people like this?
Ben Higgins
Jul 15 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
The Stairway to Heaven thing is an old, old urban myth and definitely a load of nonsense.

Also, don't forget to mention the whole story of Judas Priest. Halford told the judge, if you suggest to someone that they will hear something, then they will hear it.. because their mind is already expecting it. He put on another piece of Priest music, played it backwards and told the judge that he was going to hear 'I asked for a peppermint. I asked her to get one.'

He played it back and indeed it sounded like it could have been that sentence. He used it as an example of how you can suggest all sorts of silly backward messages that aren't even there and people will believe it. The case was thrown out of court.

Unfortunately, a lot of irresponsible parents used rock music to displace their failings onto. As always, behaviour and mindset is a result of many things but first and foremost our environment we grow up in, our direct influences. People always looking out instead of in.

Most of the 'satanic' bands do use the imagery as just that.. imagery and no more and it's no secret. They've all admitted it. As for the 'seriously Satanic' bands, yes they are a bunch of very silly boys but no worse than overtly over the top religious nuts either. Oppression of your beliefs onto another person is just that. Oppression. Two sides of the same coin !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 15 2012, 11:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Without going to extremes, words have power.

Look how a parent constantly belittling a child can have negative effects on the child.

Words in music are even more powerful, as they creep in subconsciously.

Backwards stuff doesn't concern me, but I do watch what sort of lyrics I'm feeding my brain with, just as I take care to avoid the news, and people that constantly talk negatively

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 15 2012, 03:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 15 2012, 08:21 AM) *
Unfortunately, a lot of irresponsible parents used rock music to displace their failings onto. As always, behaviour and mindset is a result of many things but first and foremost our environment we grow up in, our direct influences. People always looking out instead of in.

Most of the 'satanic' bands do use the imagery as just that.. imagery and no more and it's no secret. They've all admitted it. As for the 'seriously Satanic' bands, yes they are a bunch of very silly boys but no worse than overtly over the top religious nuts either. Oppression of your beliefs onto another person is just that. Oppression. Two sides of the same coin !

Agreed. Even as a Black Metal fan I find it despicable. I myself just can't find logic in believing in religion(I am being non-judgemental. If you believe in religion, it has nothing to do with me or my views. I firmly believe that if people want to argue about religion online, they can go to www.reddit.com). I honestly just laugh at the people I meet around here that think they believe in satan because they actually think it makes them more 'metal'.

Yes. I am a HUGE fan of Black and Death metal, but the stuff I write pertains to the environment and a bunch of related nonsense. I am too much of a hippie to really care about much else.

I would also like to point out that even though Araya of Slayer writes about a lot of satanic imagery he is actually catholic. So any nonsense the band receives from protesters and the like is just that - nonsense.

Even a lot of bands within Black Metal admit that the imagery is a bunch of bollocks.

I do agree that people who believe in this conspiracy stuff need to see a psychiatrist or therapist of some sort. Either that or have their Secondary School Papers revoked.

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:12 PM