7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Soloing With Arpeggios/chord Tones, UPLOAD THREAD
berko
Mar 21 2009, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 21 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Berko this was spot on !
You did everything I asked for regarding soloing approach.

On the side note, your phrasing is weak in some sections (sounds like you are ahead or behind changes) so thats something I would correct in next take.

Overall I won't grade you on phrasing but it would be nice to have everything in sync.
Very good work with arpeggios and chord tones, you also applied voice leading which was cool !

Thank you Berko smile.gif

Yup, you're right about the phrasing, I still need to accommodate myself to such "slow" playing. At least I got used to my clean tone with lot's of dynamics and thus I could make the sound even. I know I could compress it but in my case it would ruin the tone.

I'm already mixing my tone for another take cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 21 2009, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 21 2009, 04:00 PM) *
Yup, you're right about the phrasing, I still need to accommodate myself to such "slow" playing. At least I got used to my clean tone with lot's of dynamics and thus I could make the sound even. I know I could compress it but in my case it would ruin the tone.

I'm already mixing my tone for another take cool.gif

Cool Berko, I am excited to hear next take. Just so you know, I can keep this take as it has everything I asked for. Everything else that you do will be extra work and will help you even further wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 22 2009, 02:17 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 21 2009, 05:22 AM) *
Jim this was very well done take. It sounded very musical and you followed all the instructions.
If I had to be picky and pick a weak spot, it was the very ending when you were coming down over D min7 chord. At one point you played non chord note which is not good smile.gif So if you get a chance to record it again but correct that one mistake, it would be absolutely perfect !
I am glad you enjoyed this focused topic. I totally agree with you, this is something you can put in your practice routine and work for a long time. The point is eventually to stop thinking of shapes and make music with it - which you did to most extent in your solo !
I will auto-sign you for next one no worries biggrin.gif

Shoot, I did exactly the same thing on your first collab didn't I? Only this time it was the last two chords. Not sure why I ended up with a D7 chord instead of a Minor 7th, and then I followed with Dmin7 when it should have been G7. mad.gif Ok, the fixed take is below. I spent so much time working to get the sweeps down (brand new to me), that I wasn't paying enough attention to what chords I was playing. Sorry about that.

Fixed take is below...

Attached File  20090321_Pedja_Arpeggio_wBacking.mp3 ( 807.55K ) Number of downloads: 168

Attached File  20090321_Pedja_Arpeggio_noBacking.mp3 ( 807.55K ) Number of downloads: 172

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 22 2009, 02:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Mar 22 2009, 02:17 AM) *
Shoot, I did exactly the same thing on your first collab didn't I? Only this time it was the last two chords. Not sure why I ended up with a D7 chord instead of a Minor 7th, and then I followed with Dmin7 when it should have been G7. mad.gif Ok, the fixed take is below. I spent so much time working to get the sweeps down (brand new to me), that I wasn't paying enough attention to what chords I was playing. Sorry about that.

Fixed take is below...

Attached File  20090321_Pedja_Arpeggio_wBacking.mp3 ( 807.55K ) Number of downloads: 168

Attached File  20090321_Pedja_Arpeggio_noBacking.mp3 ( 807.55K ) Number of downloads: 172

I just listened to it Jim...

The last two bars are D min7 and G7.

On your take I heard over D min7 two things : D min7 and G7 arpeggio.
It sounds like you are anticipating changes. This is great thing, but we are not looking for that right now smile.gif

Listen to section from 0:29 - 0:31. Thats all supposed to be D min7 but you have G7 chord tones in there as well.
Let me know if you have any questions wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 22 2009, 05:13 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 21 2009, 06:25 PM) *
I just listened to it Jim...

The last two bars are D min7 and G7.

On your take I heard over D min7 two things : D min7 and G7 arpeggio.
It sounds like you are anticipating changes. This is great thing, but we are not looking for that right now smile.gif

Listen to section from 0:29 - 0:31. Thats all supposed to be D min7 but you have G7 chord tones in there as well.
Let me know if you have any questions wink.gif

I'll study it some more tomorrow. Maybe I've just been looking at this too long tonight, cause it's looking to me now like the first one was better.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
jdriver
Mar 22 2009, 08:18 AM
I'm dying to hear what everyone is doing, but I don't dare listen until I have my own take recorded. I'm afraid I'll get confused! I listened to Pedja and Emir, and then started my own. My problem is I can't play fast enough to keep up with my concept! I'm glad we have until the 28th.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 22 2009, 11:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

Here is my take. Sorry for all the delays, but it's a busy time currently smile.gif

Cheers
Roger

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ArpeggioCollab_VelvetRoger_wBT.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 185
Attached File  ArpeggioCollab_VelvetRoger_noBT.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 160

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 22 2009, 09:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

After your PM, I decided to record another take to get rid of the arpeggio-chord-carrying-over effect (you know what I mean tongue.gif ). Also made a new sound for it.

Please let me know what you think?

Cheers
Roger

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Mar 22 2009, 09:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_Collab_VelvetRoger_take2_wBT.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 171
Attached File  Arpeggio_Collab_VelvetRoger_take2_noBT.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 165

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 22 2009, 10:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Mar 22 2009, 05:13 AM) *
I'll study it some more tomorrow. Maybe I've just been looking at this too long tonight, cause it's looking to me now like the first one was better.

No worries. I can keep 2nd take if you can't do another one. That was just something that occurred in my ears that all smile.gif

QUOTE (jdriver @ Mar 22 2009, 08:18 AM) *
I'm dying to hear what everyone is doing, but I don't dare listen until I have my own take recorded. I'm afraid I'll get confused! I listened to Pedja and Emir, and then started my own. My problem is I can't play fast enough to keep up with my concept! I'm glad we have until the 28th.

I am also dying to hear all the takes ! So far couple of really melodic takes, great job.
You have nothing to be afraid of, I am sure you will do great ! wink.gif

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Mar 22 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Hi Pedja,

After your PM, I decided to record another take to get rid of the arpeggio-chord-carrying-over effect (you know what I mean tongue.gif ). Also made a new sound for it.

Please let me know what you think?

Cheers
Roger

Roger thank you for doing 2nd take. This one is much better in terms of placing phrases on right spots and not carrying over bar line melodies. Sounds good, I can keep this one !
Thanks Roger smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Mar 22 2009, 11:36 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Hello Pedja! Here is my take
Attached File  Arpeggios_collab_bt.mp3 ( 884.72K ) Number of downloads: 211
Attached File  Arpeggios_collab_no_bt.mp3 ( 884.72K ) Number of downloads: 152

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 22 2009, 11:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 22 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Roger thank you for doing 2nd take. This one is much better in terms of placing phrases on right spots and not carrying over bar line melodies. Sounds good, I can keep this one !
Thanks Roger smile.gif

Pfew tongue.gif, thanks! smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 22 2009, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Mar 22 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Hello Pedja! Here is my take
Attached File  Arpeggios_collab_bt.mp3 ( 884.72K ) Number of downloads: 211
Attached File  Arpeggios_collab_no_bt.mp3 ( 884.72K ) Number of downloads: 152

Hi Sergio !
Thats it man, great stuff smile.gif
Thanks a lot !

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Mar 22 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Pfew tongue.gif, thanks! smile.gif

Hehe, no worries, didn't hurt that bad did it ? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 22 2009, 11:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 22 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Hehe, no worries, didn't hurt that bad did it ? laugh.gif

Nope, not at all, in fact I could try out immediately the stuff I learned at the afternoon workshop on guitar recording/mixing which I attended locally smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 22 2009, 11:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Mar 22 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Nope, not at all, in fact I could try out immediately the stuff I learned at the afternoon workshop on guitar recording/mixing which I attended locally smile.gif

Now thats what I call great work ! Theory and practical application combined give the best results always. Awesome Roger smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdriver
Mar 23 2009, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 22 2009, 02:46 PM) *
This one is much better in terms of placing phrases on right spots and not carrying over bar line melodies.

Thanks Roger smile.gif

Uh oh. What exactly does that mean, carrying over?

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 04:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jdriver @ Mar 23 2009, 04:03 AM) *
Uh oh. What exactly does that mean, carrying over?

In most simple way possible it means that you still play Cmaj7 over A min7 , or A min7 over D min7 etc.
In Roger's first take you can hear that he starts phrases after beat 1, and he ends the arpeggio after the start of next chord !
So he was carrying over arpeggios smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 23 2009, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
My take. smile.gif

I hope you like the ending. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Mar 23 2009, 04:56 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  chord_tone_tolek_WoB.mp3 ( 603.92K ) Number of downloads: 158
Attached File  chord_tone_tolek_WB.mp3 ( 603.92K ) Number of downloads: 161

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 23 2009, 04:55 PM) *
My take. smile.gif

I hope you like the ending. biggrin.gif

Nice take !
Sounds about 90% of what I am looking for smile.gif
10 % was you playing tensions (like D note on A minor , thats tension 11 not a chord tone !) and you had some runs at the very end which were out as well.

Keep just chord tones Tolek and this will be very good !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 23 2009, 05:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Nice take !
Sounds about 90% of what I am looking for smile.gif
10 % was you playing tensions (like D note on A minor , thats tension 11 not a chord tone !) and you had some runs at the very end which were out as well.

Keep just chord tones Tolek and this will be very good !

I know this, but I couldn´t resist. biggrin.gif Sorry! biggrin.gif I could have done my homework perfectly, but I´m a rude guy! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 05:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 23 2009, 05:04 PM) *
I know this, but I couldn´t resist. biggrin.gif Sorry! biggrin.gif I could have done my homework perfectly, but I´m a rude guy! laugh.gif

Haha somehow I knew you were trying to trick my ear. Very hard to do by the way laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:14 AM