Do You Still Check The Forums?
SeveredSurvival
Jul 24 2019, 03:10 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris,

I was a big fan of watching your videos on Ultimate Guitar years ago, learned a lot from you during my earlier years playing. I've since been playing about 15 years and did a 2 year guitar program in post secondary. Thanks for your inspiration in what has turned out to be a life of playing guitar smile.gif

Do you still use these forums? They seem pretty quiet but I also see a few posts from today too. It would be an amazing resource if guys like you and Ben Higgins were still on a message board and able to give advice.

Hope this is the case! Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 14 2019, 09:00 AM
GMC Founder
Bro!! 👊👊

Very cool jamming, your phrasing has very nice groove to it. With more work on tone and vibrato it would convey a pro impression- so well done with getting that funky timing down!

About your picking -

I think you have already put quite some effort into it. In order to get fluent with the two note per string picking I think you should try downward pick slanting as shown here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=60349

Please note that this is for those runs only, when playing 3 note per string you would move back to the standard "slanting".

My recommendation for most long /fast picking runs - such as the A7X one - is to practice it with legato only. Do that for a while and then try again with picking - and you should notice it gets easier and easier.

Even if your picking isn't perfect the run can still sound amazingly fluid and cool thanks to legato. As an example - that's how Yngwie did it his first albums - before he was able to pick every note in the fast runs. And it still sounded amazing - if not better!

Keep up the good work bro - awesome to have you here <3

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:50 AM