4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
2007 Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
Pavel
Jan 29 2007, 04:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 25 2007, 12:04 PM) *
That guitar looks sick dude!

That is actually the only DEAN i like! And Rusty Cooley is my favorite shredder and i want to buy 7-string anyway so i think this is the axe for me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 29 2007, 05:21 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bricktop @ Jan 28 2007, 06:13 PM) *
No. He has that talent that they won't ever get no matter how hard they work, sorry, but that's the way it is.

I totally agree. Anyone can be a good guitar player through shitloads of practice, but without talent that's where you'll stop.

(Disclaimer: Great and ridiculously fast are not always the same thing.)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Liam
Jan 29 2007, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 20 2007, 04:34 AM) *
I'd buy it, but then again, I think Yngwie is talentless

yngwie has no talent , number one joke ..

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 29 2007, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Hmm i think the new fight is about to begin....

And please don't tell me about "ridiculously fast" because if you put it together in one great composition than it's awesome. Like "Under The Influence" from Rusty Cooley.
Here is a new clip recorded by DeanGuitars - a full song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RNA1LfYbg

Watched it like 100 times - awesome!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 29 2007, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Liam @ Jan 29 2007, 06:47 AM) *
yngwie has no talent , number one joke ..

Yes, Ynigwie is super amazing guitar god!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM
laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Liam
Jan 30 2007, 12:23 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 29 2007, 05:42 PM) *
Yes, Ynigwie is super amazing guitar god!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM
laugh.gif

tongue.gif crazy hawaian dude biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 30 2007, 01:13 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
LOL that's a good one. There's a great series on Dream Theater and Petrucci too

Psycho exercise

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 30 2007, 01:25 AM
Instructor
Yeah those videos are funny but i always wondered: where the hell do those guys get enough time to waste it on something as stupid as this unsure.gif blink.gif (i mean the synchronizing and thinking of those voices)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 30 2007, 04:15 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 29 2007, 04:03 PM) *
Hmm i think the new fight is about to begin....
And please don't tell me about "ridiculously fast" because if you put it together in one great composition than it's awesome. Like "Under The Influence" from Rusty Cooley.

Hmm.. I don't get your point Pavel?

I'm not saying all shredders are poor players, I'm just saying the ability to play really fast doesn't mean you're good, it takes more than speed.

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 30 2007, 04:31 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 30 2007, 01:25 AM) *
Yeah those videos are funny but i always wondered: where the hell do those guys get enough time to waste it on something as stupid as this unsure.gif blink.gif (i mean the synchronizing and thinking of those voices)

I guess those ppl are more into media than playing. Probably they think the same about us - "where do they got the time and energy to waste on learning to play fast" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 30 2007, 05:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zee Deveel @ Jan 30 2007, 04:15 AM) *
Hmm.. I don't get your point Pavel?

I'm not saying all shredders are poor players, I'm just saying the ability to play really fast doesn't mean you're good, it takes more than speed.

Well usually people think that if somebody is a shredder than he can't play some sweet stuff. But i am always trying to prove them wrong. Personally i really respect all those shredders out there because i know how much time you need to get those skills and i am trying to do the same.
As for compositions: mostly shredders can make really good songs because they have thousands of hours of practicing different techniques, styles and they are influenced by very diverse guitarists so they are rich in their styling (there are always exceptions).

It also depends on what you like more.

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 30 2007, 04:31 AM) *
I guess those ppl are more into media than playing. Probably they think the same about us - "where do they got the time and energy to waste on learning to play fast" biggrin.gif

Yeah probably you are right! I have a friend who is sitting in front of a computer 10 hours a day, reading some scripting stuff and learning different codes and programming languages and he must be wondering why am i practicing guitar 8 hours a day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 30 2007, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 30 2007, 01:25 AM) *

It's just for fun, the guy that made the original ones is a great fan of the guitarists, he's not making fun of them to insult them(well, I don't think laugh.gif ). Some guys are very interested in computers, video, and editing etc, just like we are interested in guitars and music, so yeah they'll spend lots of time on it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:29 PM